Author Topic: keansburg pier  (Read 9568 times)

Offline texacollector

keansburg pier
« on: June 12, 2007, 07:47:38 PM »
hows the fishing at keansburg pier?   

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
Re: keansburg pier
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 07:52:03 PM »
I fished the Keansburg Pier on Saturday. I didnt catch any fish, nor did my cousin. Fishing was real slow that day, and an East wind picked up at about 4 o clock in the afternoon. I saw 2 keepers caught, and 2 shorts, in the 2 1/2 hours that i was there.  ;)

Fish On
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 09:13:11 PM »
I fished the Keansburg Pier on Saturday. I didnt catch any fish, nor did my cousin. Fishing was real slow that day, and an East wind picked up at about 4 o clock in the afternoon. I saw 2 keepers caught, and 2 shorts, in the 2 1/2 hours that i was there.  ;)

Fish On
I thought you fished North beach on Saturday, Remember, you said you waved and screamed for me as I was passing by...  Which is it, where did you really fish.
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 09:23:19 PM »
whoopsie :-[ :-[

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 09:58:06 PM »

Fish On
Hey fish on, remember this post you left me...

HEY LUNA, i was fishing North Beach today and i saw the Luna Sea 3 going by and i was shouting yo, and hello, and was waving. Thought you looked but maybe not. Nice job fishing, all i caught was sea robins. Terrible for me.

Fish On

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 12:37:08 AM »
I fished both Nick. I fished North Beach at 5 in the morning until a little after 1 o clock. Which is when i saw you driving by in the boat. Then i drove down 36 to keansburg pier. Then left there around 5 o clock and went home. Im not allowed to fish both spots ?  ??? ??? Jeeeeeez...

Fish On
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 12:39:42 AM »
I have witnesses  :P :P :P. LOL, no really Nick. I fished North Beach until lunch time. Left got some food, burger king that was, and then shot back towards the parkway, and decided to stop at the Pier for some fluke. Her sign said "Fishing is slow today..." on it.  I wouldnt make up lies in the posts. lol

Fish On

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 12:58:37 AM »
Someone deserves noogie... :P :-X :-\

IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 08:24:41 AM »
I fished both Nick. I fished North Beach at 5 in the morning until a little after 1 o clock. Which is when i saw you driving by in the boat. Then i drove down 36 to keansburg pier. Then left there around 5 o clock and went home. Im not allowed to fish both spots ?  ??? ??? Jeeeeeez...

Fish On
;) sure you are... lets just make sure we keep the posts here REAL...

Team Luna Sea 6

Ruger314

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 11:41:12 AM »
never fished the pier? no of guys that fish close in boats and do well on fluke!

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 11:42:56 AM »
never fished the pier? no of guys that fish close in boats and do well on fluke!
  it actually a really good spot.  Rough bottom and a good depth change.  If they catch good fluke off the pier, can you imagine what a boat can do over there.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline catfish hunter

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 12:05:30 PM »
  it actually a really good spot.  Rough bottom and a good depth change.  If they catch good fluke off the pier, can you imagine what a boat can do over there.
the guys on the pier have the upper hand there ,they have all the pillings and can jig fish straight down

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2007, 03:18:50 PM »
I am either going to go to the Pier on Saturday, or i am going to try a beach in long branch somewhere. Is there a fishing access spot in Long Branch ?

Fish On

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2007, 03:56:47 PM »
you can fish off the jetties down in Long Branch.  Jetties produce baitfish, which produce larger fish.  It is a good starting place.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2007, 04:32:17 PM »
A word of caution on jetty fishing, BE CAREFUL!!!  The rocks could be and usually are very slippery and major accidents can and will happen with out the proper equipment.

Your best bet at first is to fish off the beach and cast out parallel to the jetty.  Watch others at first.  As far as what bait to use?  Try bouncing a bucktail jig with anything that has a wiggle to it off the back to add movement.  You can't go wrong with a red & white combo. 

You can also cast out top water lures like my old stand by the ATOM Striper Swiper in blue and white in the 1 1/2 oz class.  Experiment...  Try different things and come back to the site with something new and exciting and show up some of the 'ole guys on here TT^

Like me...lol t^

Good Luck

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2007, 04:36:36 PM »
You will absolutly need corkers or some type of spikes when jetty jockying.  Don't wear waders with out the corkers or you will be slip sliding away.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2007, 04:41:21 PM »
There is a song in thee somewhere... >:D
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2007, 04:59:02 PM »
I think I am going to stick to fishing off the beach, but casting parallel to the jetty. So basically i have a chance to catch anything there right ? Also, if i was to come off the GSP, how would i get to the jettys, i dont want to have to drive around at 530 am and look for a place to fish as its hard enough to find a place during the daylight.  ;D ;D

Fish On

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2007, 05:09:31 PM »
Here is a link for Google.  I don't fish up there much any more especially since they did the beach replenisment project but look south around Deal and Allenhurst.  Check out Long Branch for the beach though.

http://www.google.com/maps?q=Long+Branch,+NJ,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title

BE SURE TO CLICK ON HYBRID!!!

I like to use Google's Hybrid it shows the access streets and the structure as well.

Having fun yet?

Paul

No one said it is going to be easy!!! :o
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 05:12:11 PM by ped579 »
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2007, 05:43:14 PM »
As of right now, I am not totally sure what I want to fish for off the surf. Stripers are great to catch but i havent caught many this year, and its running slow. I love to catch fluke because eating them is the best. I usually know the spots, but as of right now im confused because i havent seen blue fish in 2 trips down fishing off the surf in the last 3 weeks. If you were me, and you were going to fish from surf this weekend, where would you Target for Stripers/Blues, and where would you go for Fluke? Thanks for the help. I'll take all the help i can get.

Fish Off  ;D

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-