Author Topic: bunker spoons and braid  (Read 1509 times)

Offline barry

bunker spoons and braid
« on: October 22, 2009, 06:45:47 PM »
I am going to try secret spoons this year for bass. I have 2 rods with 80lb power pro on them I want to fish in 6oft of wtaer. How much line should I let out?

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
Re: bunker spoons and braid
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 07:46:33 PM »
I know wire is around 1.5 - 2 ft for every 10 feet out. Braided line does not have as good of a sink as wire, so you will need more than that.
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Re: bunker spoons and braid
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 06:26:26 PM »
Go out and buy some drail weights. They go between your main line and your leader line. I have 6 oz and 8 oz,  for that depth I would go larger. They are torpedo shaped and have snap swivels on each end.  I use around 6 to 8 feet of fluorocarbon leader between the drail and the spoon. Another method is to suspend an 18" dropper loop from the swivel that connects your main line to leader and hang a bank sinker from that. This method is used by Tony Maha,,  Hope this helps,, Eddie   
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-