Author Topic: Sandy Hook / Raritan Bay Stripers & Blues 11/7 and 11/9  (Read 1786 times)

Offline Capt.Rick

• Full Member of the Den
Sandy Hook / Raritan Bay Stripers & Blues 11/7 and 11/9
« on: November 10, 2009, 03:30:05 PM »
I'm a new registered member of the site and must admit I've been reading your reports for several months now like many others without contributing.  Not sure what prompted me to join but look forward to sharing our reports.  Now to mine which have been nothing short of spectacular fall fishing.

Monday - 11/9  Left the dock in Keansburg at 5:45am with my brother.  Went straight outside the hook looking for the bird life, find some birds that appeared to be working but didn't mark anything as the sun began to come up.  No wind and little tide throughout the morning.  Made a move between the channels and few a mark under a few birds.  Started jigging with the Ava 47's and boated a few blues and schoolie bass.  Later on the same drift the marks built and wy brother boxed about a 15 pounder followed by my 19 pound fish.  A great start.  The action died as the party boats showed up.  Made a move closer to Ambrose and stopped on a few swirls.  Read the bass immediately and proceeded to jig these fish for the next 3 hours!  Mostly schoolies with some real nice 30 inchers mixed in.  Started out all bass then more blues.  We easily boated 50 fish with 3 more being keepers.  Already in keeper release mode, the tide and wind kicked up a little and the bass began rolling.  An amazing site, but you needed to work to get hooked up as we were no longer matching the hatch.  Left them biting and moved towrards the SH channel to join the fleet catching more shorts and 2 more keepers being released.  A great day on the water.  Nothing beats jigging bass all day!   t^

Saturday 11/7 Left the dock in Keansburg at 5:45am with my brother in law.  Went straight outside the hook looking for the bird life, find some birds a little down the beach and game on!  We jigged up the schoolie bass with 1 keeper in the mix along with the gator blues.  Moved further south and find more birds working close to the beach.  Jigged more shorts and boxed 2 more keepers.  Continued south, to find some more birds and boats but this time small blues stacked up from the bottom for 20 feet.  Didn't waste much time with them.  Looked arounf and moved back north between the channels.  Joined the fleet and jigged more shorts and gators.  Bite died out with the tide change.  Then we jigged up a really nice 22 pound fish to cap off another great day of outstanding fall jigging here in north jersey t^  It doesn't get much better than this!  Go get em! slt

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
Re: Sandy Hook / Raritan Bay Stripers & Blues 11/7 and 11/9
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 03:44:08 PM »
Great report. Welcome to the site.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 04:18:30 PM »
Thanks for jumping in Capt. Rick...

I hope to be reading more of your reports as the Fall season progresses. 

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 05:31:22 PM »
Heya Capt Rick.  Thanks For joining us.  Nice first post.  t^

FYI.  you will need a few more I think to be able to add an avatar..  It's a security Feature..  you can always send it to me and I'll add it for you t^

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 07:37:38 PM »
Nice report and welcome to the site.

Looking forward to more reports/posts.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 08:12:18 PM »
Nice going!  Welcome! t^

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 06:51:14 PM »
Great report Capt.Rick,, chrz
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-