Author Topic: Mohawk 12/31 Tog  (Read 2017 times)

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
Mohawk 12/31 Tog
« on: January 01, 2010, 11:32:32 PM »
Had to do my last trip of 09 and last day of 6 bag on the tog.

Got up @ 2:45 and was pulling out of the driveway by 3:30 putting me in Belmar by 4:45...I figured that the boat would fill up fast and early but that was not the case, only 3 guys loaded up on the bow and could have picked any spot I wanted....I opted for the stern thinking I would stay out of the wind, a decision I would regret all day...

Busted out of the inlet with the boat about 2/3 full to find that the weather man nailed it...a nice calm 5 knts out of the SE and a flat ride. We made our first drop about 14 miles out to the NE, had an ok bite on some nice sized fish, one was a nice 10 to 11 pounder which took the money.. couple of guys nailed a few ling right off the bat with one being a tog ling double header. Made a couple of adjustments there to try to get a better bite going, guys caught pretty much around the boat...one here and there ( except on the stern ) not a scratch for me or the other 6 guys next to me.

Probably around 11:30 we pulled out of there and headed south back inshore off Long Branch and set up again, about 30 mins into that set we had nothing ( still no fish in my box ) Then the action started up on the bow hot and heavy...went up to take a look and there was little room because a lot of guys made the move there hearing the cries for the net...I decided that I would stay on the stern...

Now I'm getting worried knowing that the cooler is still empty and starting to get that skunk smell plus it's just past 1 pm.
All the sudden down the starboard side a bite started to develop and worked it's way back towards the stern, I watched a bunch of nice fish come over the side and decided it was time to move in...found some room and tossed out about 20 feet to were the guys had found a little hole or edge in the rocks and hooked up right away with a nice 16 incher... got em in the box...got some fresh crab right back out there fast ( now it's 1:50 )
Tap...tap...tap...nothing.....waited...waited....then a bigger...tap..tap so I gave it a good swing and picked up a sweet 6..7 pounder to keep the first fish in the cooler company for the ride home

All in all I had a great time, fishing in the snow was cool, we had about 1/2 mile visibility and when you looked around it was like fishing in a snow globe.

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
Re: Mohawk 12/31 Tog
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 02:06:30 AM »
Nice report Kenny.  slt
Sorry I wasn't out there with you.
Got a few nice ones there. Way to go. chrz
Looks like Wed. Thurs and Friday were the days right now weather wise. Lets see how next week shapes up.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cappyjoe08527

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 03:23:07 AM »
Nice at least you broke in the New Year with a nice catch . I wish I was there too... WTG  clp  grtn
Ya gotta hook em' to cook em':)

E Z LIVIN'

Offline L.T.

• AKA Laker Taker
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 07:46:42 AM »
Warm up the frying pan , I'll be right over . Nice report  TT^ TT^
Forgive your enemy but, remember the bastard's name.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 07:49:39 AM »
Nice report Kenny. Ya waited em out and got a few. No skunk. t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Capt. Carl

• New Jersey Fishing Guru
  • Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
  • Hired Gun
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 07:55:39 AM »
nice kenny!....now u should come linging with us in january!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Capt. Carl DiMenna
100 Ton U.S.C.G Master

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 12:17:30 PM »
Nice report Kenny  t^
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 12:49:21 PM »
nice kenny!....now u should come linging with us in january!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm Game brother!!!

Offline Noworries2009

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010, 02:18:42 PM »
Nice report &  Happy New Year  ;D

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-