Author Topic: New Spinning reel  (Read 2235 times)

Offline NJ Guy

• AKA "Virgina Beach Guy"
  • Super Hero Member
New Spinning reel
« on: February 03, 2010, 07:15:26 PM »
wife gave me the go ahead to buy myself a new surf reel for valentines day soooooo lets get some ideas rolling on which on i should buy not on a super tight budget but yes 200 is to much  :P
270 AmberJack "Sweet Emocean"

Offline Jeffish

Re: New Spinning reel
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 07:27:21 PM »
I'm in the same boat, except I'm looking to but 2 surf rod/reel combos. One for lures, and one for bait. I'll let you know what I'm going to get.

Offline NJ Guy

• AKA "Virgina Beach Guy"
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 07:30:29 PM »
yeah already have 3 combos set up and going but just want something different for my forth my wife really likes her cabela salt striker bait runners they work well and i use daiwa emcast 6000 that i really like
270 AmberJack "Sweet Emocean"

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 07:55:12 PM »
You might be a little late, but you'd be better off spending that money on one of the recently discontinued Shimano Baitrunners.  If you're lucky you may be able to pick one up for $100 or so. t^

Probably a long shot, but I would call around to some of the Dick's Sporting Goods in your area and see if they have any left.

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 07:57:35 PM »
I like my Penn Slammer 560.  If you search around good online, you can find them for $100-$125.
I'm hoping to add another 8-n-bait rod/reel to my collection this year as well.  The Slammer will be the reel I buy again.  Jury is still out on the rod.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 08:00:53 PM »
If the Shimano Stradics are too much, I like the Daiwas.  I think someone posted Fin-Nors on clearance for 1/2 price at Cabelas.

TT^

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 11:15:49 PM »
It is just a suggestion, but, my advise would be to go to a reliable B&T and try the reel out on the rod you will be putting it on.  I will usually bring the rod in and they will put the reel on the rod and you can go out side and whip it around a little.

I will be doing the same thing this Spring, as my usual B&T is close to where I fish and I am a regular there they usually allow me some leeway and let me try the reel out on the beach.  I have been looking at 2 reels in the price range of 200 and below.  I am getting ready to pull the trigger very soon.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 11:19:29 PM »
It is just a suggestion, but, my advise would be to go to a reliable B&T and try the reel out on the rod you will be putting it on.  I will usually bring the rod in and they will put the reel on the rod and you can go out side and whip it around a little.

I will be doing the same thing this Spring, as my usual B&T is close to where I fish and I am a regular there they usually allow me some leeway and let me try the reel out on the beach.  I have been looking at 2 reels in the price range of 200 and below.  I am getting ready to pull the trigger very soon.

Happy Catching

Paul

That's the best advice...

clp TT^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-