Author Topic: "Parental Discretion Advised"  (Read 5659 times)

Offline Capt. Scott S

• Capt. Scott Sinclair
  • Sponsor
  • Sport Fishing the Atlantic Ocean ~ Chesapeake Bay
    • VA Beach Fishing
"Parental Discretion Advised"
« on: May 08, 2010, 09:29:00 PM »
Anglers:

If you not into Eating,Grilling,Frying Catching or Loving Striped Bass...READ NO FURTHER! LOG OFF! DO NOT PUT YOURSELF THREW THIS ANY FURTHER!!!

I had a trip with one of the Owners of G&H Offshore Lure Co. last night. Phil came up from NC to see what "Light Tackle" action was like with "On Course". We left the dock at 6pm to a stiff SE wind. We make it to the grounds and its too ruff to fish my "Favorite Spots" so I have to go to plan B. Along with us is my 1st mate CAPT Green and his son home from the Marine Corp. They get warmed up on a few schoolies and just as the sun peeks under the horizon I inch the nose of the "Kaylyn" into the edge of one of my holes. The seas are kickin so I asked them if they could handle it. "Oh Yeah" was what came out of the pit. So I put the boat into the waves and the Furuno lights up. We are in 50' of water and it say were are in 10. The fish are stacked. Capt. Green's drags starts screaming and "FISH ON". 1st 38" in the boat. Then 10 times after that Capt. Green wears them out. I tell the other two to "Man Up" and they hook up.

Mason gets a 36". Then Phils Penn lights up like the 4th of July. He fights the fish to the boat after 15mins and as the fish comes to the surface I see what looks like a 5 gallon bucket coming out of the water. Mason yells its too big for the net. Mind you I have the biggest net on the market. The fish does a head shake and..Well you know what happens. Phil says "Man there is some big fish here Scott".

A few minutes of tears and they are back at it. Then again, the penn lights up. This time they are on their "A" game. 42" Stud on the deck. Phil is redeemed. We work this school till the seas are becoming way too much!! 3-5's and  then I tell them one more pass. Immediate hookup 40" to END GAME!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 09:41:35 PM by On Course »

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: "Parental Discretion Advised"
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 09:43:59 PM »
Nice Capt. Scott.  Spoke with Phil today.. he was telling me about the great trip.. t^

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 09:57:13 PM »
Nice !  t^

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 06:46:51 AM »
Excellent t^

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 07:34:19 AM »
 t^
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 12:39:20 PM »
Yeah baby t^

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 07:19:56 AM »
Nice fish!, Thanks for the report and pics. TT^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 08:30:02 AM »
 t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-