Author Topic: Almost There, Need Opinions  (Read 1865 times)

Offline brian8980

• The Gimper
Almost There, Need Opinions
« on: May 14, 2010, 07:41:19 PM »
After about being 6 weeks late, the boat is just about ready to be put into the water next week.  Just need to replace the water pump, change out the gear oil, and wax the baby up.

Now I need to do a few things besides these but need some opinions on the order that I do them in.  I need to replace the spark plugs, fuel filter, and water seperator.  I should do this after I run the boat for a while correct to get the winterizer junk out?  How many hrs should I wait to do this?
I had someone mention this to me, can i just put the engine in a 50 gallon garbage can, fill it up with water and run it that way?  Do I put it into gear as well while doing this and if so, is that safe lol  :-\.  Just trying to get this all done on on land before it goes into the water.  Also, do i need to put some sort of fuel treatment in to clean the engine?  Any help would be great.  Just trying to tie up all the loose ends  ;D.

Gimper
The trouble with fishing is it was better before you got there, and after you left.
When in doubt...exaggerate

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Almost There, Need Opinions
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 11:01:13 PM »
I always just put a boot on it and ran the smoke out of it.  then I would change the plugs and filters t^  Not in gear.. and not at a high RPM..

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-