Author Topic: looking for info to surf fish in Atlantic City  (Read 2786 times)

Offline pa mountainman

looking for info to surf fish in Atlantic City
« on: May 23, 2010, 03:08:18 PM »
hey everyone i am planning a trip to Atlantic city at the end of June and i was hoping to do some fishing while the wife and kids hit the beach, if anyone can tell me if surf fishing is permitted on A. C.  beaches or anything else i might need to know.  i would really like to get into salt water fishing big time since we do the beach trip about three times a year.  i am extremely new to salt water fishing only have done it a few times in South Carolina on family vacations. any info, tips or leads on where to find more information is greatly appreciated.
give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: looking for info to surf fish in Atlantic City
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 05:59:22 PM »
hey everyone i am planning a trip to Atlantic city at the end of June and i was hoping to do some fishing while the wife and kids hit the beach, if anyone can tell me if surf fishing is permitted on A. C.  beaches or anything else i might need to know.  i would really like to get into salt water fishing big time since we do the beach trip about three times a year.  i am extremely new to salt water fishing only have done it a few times in South Carolina on family vacations. any info, tips or leads on where to find more information is greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, as of last year, fishing is not allowed on the Beaches in AC during the "Summer" Season.  This information came directly from the the Mayor's Office.  However, you can fish on the Jetties in AC and the Inlet.  You can also take a short ride in either direction and fish on the nearby beaches.  I don't know too much of the southern NJ beaches, but Brigantine is a good spot that comes to mind.

In June I would target stripers, blues and fluke.  You might even get into sharks at night.

Best bet is to find a local B&T when you get down there and get the updated, local info.

Good Luck and enjoy your vacation.  There are some guys on the list from the south that may be able to help better answer specific questions.

TT^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-