Author Topic: Fishguts Inshore Charters seabassing/blues 6/3 report  (Read 1577 times)

Offline Capt. Birch

• Sponsor
    • Fishguts Charters
Fishguts Inshore Charters seabassing/blues 6/3 report
« on: June 03, 2010, 08:48:47 PM »
Today I had  Anthony from the Tackle Box out for a day of inshore seabassing. A few last minute cancellation turned this into a one man charter.  Anthoney brought along some of the finest tackle that I ever had aboard "Fishguts". Vanstalls and Saragossa's and other fine things. It did not take long to the gear was put to work. A nice safe easy ride down the bay under full electronics and a nice easy slide out the inlet without ever see the monument. Ocean condition were safe and fishable with 10mph out of the S and a tight chop. The first and only stop had a great showing of fish but took a little while to get them chewing. As the seas took there toll on Anthoney he tuffed it out and  reached his limit of 25 seabass with the top fish weighing 3.75lbs and 19" in lenght. Many of his other fish were nice 16 inch stuff. He also landed a nice black in the 4lb range. Hitting the inlet at 10am the fog broke around the middle of the inlet. Being in the calm waters of the bay we stopped and plugged for some blues. Mud channel had nothing but the top of Oyster creek had plenty in the 1.5 to 3lb range. Great top water action with a few for the box and many released unit I sunk a 5/0 treble into my hand. Thanks Ant for the removal. I would hate to have to carry that plug around all summer.We called it day and hit the dock by noon . Tomorrow its Wreckfish and the NJSWF trip. I better bring the "A" game and show the the guys some jumbo knuckleheads. Check out the picture of Old Barney that Anthoney is pointing at.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 08:52:40 PM by Capt. Birch »

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Fishguts Inshore Charters seabassing/blues 6/3 report
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 08:52:20 PM »
Nice trip Capt Birch.. But next time you sink a treble.. remember you have the Iphone. " Hold On.. Let me get this on video"  :P ;D

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 10:17:39 PM »
Nice catch. The old treble in the hand thing, been there too! <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 10:38:49 PM »
Nice catching and report Capt Birch. The fog was terrible with it starting last night.

Sorry to hear about the hook incident. Been there myself. Not a pleasant feeling. Painful with the pull the string removal too.  ;D
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 11:53:24 PM »
Ouch! :P  Nice report! t^

Offline Axehandle

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 12:13:50 PM »
Deadly combo - bluefish and treble hooks
I FISH therefore I am.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-