Author Topic: Gimper 06/02  (Read 1365 times)

Offline brian8980

• The Gimper
Gimper 06/02
« on: June 02, 2010, 10:45:24 PM »
Before I get into the highlight of my night...
Headed out for the TRUE first trip of the 2010 season on the Gimper.  Was going to try a spot in the Squan River that I have fished before at night for stripers, but the fog rolled into dodge in full force and for fear of getting hit at my spot, i choose to just drift and anchor around the river.  chummed a bit, had clams out and tried all the metal I had in my bag.  no go.  Saw some blues caught and read some good bait around the area but no stripers.  Would have loved my spot, but I thought it better be safe the sorry.   ???

Now, on the exciting part.... I actually got boarded lol, by a trooper in the river.  I guess i have a sticker that says PICK STUPID  hhppy
Out of 8 boats around i said hello and he picked me  rofla.  But i have everything in order so he actually stopped what he was doing and asked if he could fish with me  fcp.  If he had caught something I would have been super pissed.  Hope everyones night was more productive then mine.  At least the boat ran clean for the first trip, lights all work, go the vhf radio working.  just have to work on the horn.

Gimper
The trouble with fishing is it was better before you got there, and after you left.
When in doubt...exaggerate

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Gimper 06/02
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 10:49:26 PM »
 ;D  Acknowledging them.. makes you look guilty ;D

Offline brian8980

• The Gimper
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 11:08:36 PM »
 ::)
I should have remember that from when a buddy of mine waved at a cop right after i got my license when I was 17.  He pulled us over and when asked what for, his response was "for being a smart a$$ and saying hello to an officer".... Should take that lesson to the water as well...  nosmly
Oh well.

Gimper
The trouble with fishing is it was better before you got there, and after you left.
When in doubt...exaggerate

Offline Cappyjoe08527

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 04:04:02 AM »
Oh well I guess he didn't have anything better to do..... hhppy
Ya gotta hook em' to cook em':)

E Z LIVIN'

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 06:06:37 AM »
just don't  grtn
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 07:07:49 AM »
When you waved, you should have used ALL of your fingers.  ;D  rofla rofla

The fog rolled in very quickly last night. I was on the ocean and heard the CG put out a safety bulletin about the fog. Headed right in and just beat the fog to SR inlet. I have radar on my boat, I just don't trust the other guy.  TT^

Good try on the bass. Smart move to not anchor in your spot if it would have put you in danger.   t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-