Author Topic: North Cove Carp - Local Pond Bass (Wayne) w/ Pics  (Read 2968 times)

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
North Cove Carp - Local Pond Bass (Wayne) w/ Pics
« on: June 17, 2010, 03:43:44 PM »
 Well took off to do some carp fishing again at the North Cove. Unemployment is killing me, and was set up for a mulch job with a landscaper I work with, and that fell through today. So off I was fishing.

Can a corn, and a 4 foot 6 ugly stick. Through out a couple handfuls, waited quite a bit, probably 35 minutes or so before the line started peeling off the spool. I say this guy was about 5 pounds. Some guy who does maintenance around the area was watching me nearby, so he snapped a picture of me holding this sucker. Released him, and out went my line ready to catch another. Had another nice one on, snapped my line, was never able to turn this fish's body my way before he snapped it. Almost spooled me actually.

Took a few casts for bass while waiting for something on the carp end, no bass there, just a small maybe 5 1/2 inch crappie on a 3 inch rubber shad! Just as i released that little thing, I got another carp to take the line. I say he was around 5 pounds, give or take a little. Then lost another (snap), then caught a painter turtle. He was released with a little bruise but seemed fine.

Left to go to a pond across from my house for some bass, missed 3 and landed 3. 2 I caught on a spinner bait with creme color worm on the hook. And the other I caught just on rubber creme worm with no weight, skimming it across the top just outside a weed bed, and he inhaled it! All the bass were maybe a pound.  5hrug Nothing big, but I will sooner or later get a nice bass. I have plenty of free time to do some fishing  TT^

chrz

Fish On
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
Re: North Cove Carp - Local Pond Bass (Wayne) w/ Pics
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 05:31:27 PM »
 t^

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 08:13:48 PM »
Nice way to spend some time Mark. Good job.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 09:56:40 PM »
Thanks bob and joe! I try man I try lol
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-