Author Topic: Fish the Dro Off Report 7/9  (Read 938 times)

Offline The dropoff

• Sponsor
Fish the Dro Off Report 7/9
« on: July 09, 2010, 12:24:46 PM »
On Monday we had Rob Weaver and son on for a half day trip out to GSS for sea bass. Got set up on a wreck that has been doing well for the last couple of half day trips and had a nice pick of sea bass. His son did most of the fishing since dad did not feel well. They can back to the dock with 10 keepers and had several tog that were let go. Wednesday we did an open boat trip with Eric Reinke and John Devone. The wind made us stay close and glad we did. Fished LER and had some nice fishing until the wind came. Had to make a move to some calmer and had Sea Bass and Fluke all day long. They came home with 9 sea bass and one fluke. Thursday's trip was the best of the week. Weather made it possible to get to deeper water and it paid off. Had to make many moves to find the fish but well worth the effort. Drifted the day away with very little current to anchor. Every area fished had fish but the bite was off and on. George and Don did a great Job with double headers of sea bass. George (aka Flukeguy) once again pulls a fluke out from 80 feet on the third drift of the first stop. To round off the crew, I had mate Zach and Jr mate Dilon Kelly on board. Dilon did a great job for the first trip out of the year. They came back to the dock with 29 sea bass and one fluke.

Capt. Fran Verdi
Francesca Marie
27' CC May-Craft

RFA-NJ Member

We are now on Facebook come and be a fan. 

"I am a Fisherman and that is what I am"

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
Re: Fish the Dro Off Report 7/9
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 09:36:30 PM »
VG, nice report!!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-