Author Topic: Fluking Questions  (Read 27157 times)

Offline bytheshore8

• Full Member of the Den
Re: Fluking Questions
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2008, 10:05:42 PM »

Rigs: I finally found a bucktail (with a reasonable size hook) in 8 ozs. (I do not use the chrome ball). The bucktail is made by Mai Tai. So I can now adjust my tactics. I think that besides the Ava 47 and the black and school bus bombers, bucktails are the best jigs/lures. I use a 4/0 Kahle hook snelled to a 30" (to start), 15-30lb. leader (depending on conditions) tied to a SPRO barrel swivel (or SAMPO with a bearing) ... a fishfinder is above sandwiched between 2 #8 red or orange beads not for presentaion but to protect my mainline at the barrel swivel knot and protect the rod tip. The areas I fish we start with 8 ozs. of lead usually.
Thanks,

Capt. Ed

I am a newbie and confused.  Are you using an 8oz bucktail and and then also an 8 oz lead on the fishfinder?

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Fluking Questions
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2008, 10:19:32 PM »
Bytheshore8, when using the 8 oz bucktail, you do not use a slider. The 8 oz bucktail acts as the sinker.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-