Author Topic: Fish Monger Wed 8/18 Fluke and Seabass with Capt Birch  (Read 1129 times)

Offline Capt -Jerry P

• Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
    • Fish Monger
Fish Monger Wed 8/18 Fluke and Seabass with Capt Birch
« on: August 18, 2010, 09:05:23 PM »
Fellow Capt and Friend Capt Birch from Fish Guts Charters fame had the boat For a day of Bucktailing in northern waters along with a great crew. Pat, Alex Mvp, Kim, Matt and Bill rounded out todays anglers.

Went back right to where we left them chewing yesterday.... when we got there the fish were really chewing... only problem was where we had keepers yesterday was loaded with shorts today.

Did manage 4 Nice keepers amongst a ton of shorts on the first drift... Picked a couple keepers a drift for a few drifts... Lots of action but keepers were tougher today.

When the outgoing tide was over so was the best of the bite... but we still picked at some shorts with an occasional keeper.

Rather than wait around hoping the bite picked up we drifted a few pieces for some seabass... picked at some nice keepers up to 2 1/2 lbs... got a keeper cod and a giant porgy. Ended the day looking for a few blackfish but they did not cooperate for us.

The guys fished hard for a nice mixed bag.

By days end we wound up with 16 Keeper fluke along with 30 Seabass, a Keeper Cod, a porgie and a Jumbo blue.

Nice day on the water with great crew... Rain stayed away making it that much better!!!

Thanks again Guys
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 09:08:02 PM by Capt -Jerry P »

Offline The Broken One

• Super Hero Member
Re: Fish Monger Wed 8/18 Fluke and Seabass with Capt Birch
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 09:08:47 PM »
peanut butter porgy time...  TT^
"When the game is over, the kings and the pawns go back in the same box"

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 09:18:39 PM »
Nice trip guys  t^

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 11:10:01 PM »
Nice mixed bag  t^

Offline Capt. Birch

• Sponsor
    • Fishguts Charters
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 07:06:44 PM »
Thanks for a great time .....you guys are the best. I think I left my sunglasses on the boat.....you can wear them I will get another pair ;D ;D

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-