Author Topic: Looking for Electronics wiring help  (Read 1966 times)

Offline mikeynnj

• AKA Gilligan
Looking for Electronics wiring help
« on: September 20, 2010, 07:11:09 PM »
I'm looking for someone who's knowledgeable with nmea 0183. I have no idea about this stuff. I have now installed on my boat.

SmartCraft SC5000 system view
Lowrance LCX111CHD with LGC-2000 GPS Module.
Uniden UM625c  VHF Radio
Simrad RA30 Radar

All the above units were installed on the boat already when I purchased it earlier this year.Everything works perfectly individually. But I would like them all hooked together using the NMEA 0183. Looking at all the manuals they should all be compatible and able to be connected like this. I just don't have a clue on what to hook to what. If anyone has experience and would like to make some side cash let me know. The boat is in Clifton NJ.The wiring was done fairly neat when everything was installed so there's no big jumble of wires. I would be willing to bring the boat to your location if necessary as long as it's within a 50 mile or so range and I could get it back the same day. Thanks in advance.   
no one said life is going to be perfect; build a bridge and get over it.

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
Re: Looking for Electronics wiring help
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 07:29:04 PM »
It’s not that hard
Just look at your units, most of them should have nmea in and out. Start with your GPS unit. That should have an nmea out wire and hook it to the nmea in on another unit and then the out of that unit to the in on the next unit. The problem is most radios don’t have an out wire. Witch means it has to be last in the loop. But if you put the radar in front of the radio, the radar has to be on for the radio to have your position, unless the radar unit has a pass thru option.
Hope this helps
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-