Author Topic: 10/8/10 Fishing Report - Late edition  (Read 1755 times)

Offline Mike F

• Full Member of the Den
10/8/10 Fishing Report - Late edition
« on: October 11, 2010, 10:54:58 AM »
Tried to have this up on Saturday but received an error message (pictures were too big I believe), this was the next chance I got to write up our Friday fishing report.

I headed out in the morning with family around 1130, tide was going out light breeze water temp around 63.5.  We set anchor up in the Keyport flats and used clam bellies for chum and using clams for bait. About an hour in we hooked the first striper a 26" shorty, the kids thought is was awesome but had to release it.  We did not get another bite but the kids found feeding the gulls clam bellies and left over sandwiches can be fun, I did not feel the same but they were laughing and as long as I didn't get crapped on I was OK with it. We headed in about 1430 to the lowest tide I have ever seen, I was trudging up mud into the dock.

The second trip was with Scott and Joe.  We headed out with a bushel of clams and another bucket of clam bellies.  On the way out we kicked up alot more mud which plugged our water intake and caused a high temperature alarm.  We were towed towards the dock by a jet skier that was near by. That cost us another 1/2 an hour but I would have spent an hour cleaning the water intake vents if his lady friend stayed with us WOW!!

Anyway back to the report we tried to set anchor in the flats again but the wind and tide were fighting against each other and us and we could not hold anchor real well, the wind had really picked up since the morning trip. Since we lost some time and were limited on how much time we could be out there (thanks to Scott and Joe being whipped) we chummed heavily for about an hour in the first spot and got nothing.  We moved to try another spot a little closer inland and the anchor finally held.  Scott caught the first shorty about a 25" Striper about 1800.  Around sunset Scott caught the first keeper of the day a 30" Striper.  I did notice that Scott tends to only chum near his line and forgets about the rest of the boat (I am onto to you now Scott G.) thank you to Joe for pointing this out to me.  We came in about 1945 and hope to get out again this week.

Offline Fishonw/Ron

• Sponsor
    • Custom Boat lettering
Re: 10/8/10 Fishing Report - Late edition
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 11:01:41 AM »
At least you tried. Nice Report

Offline Mike F

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 11:06:36 AM »
Here are some pics.  Yeah I know I should have gotten rid of the gloves for the pictures.

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 11:06:52 AM »
nice trips except for the mud

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 11:47:12 AM »
nice catch and pics  t^   Kez
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 12:00:52 PM »
Nice report Mike.. clp you forgot about that funny little cigarette they were smoking while pulling the boat to the dock.. thud..that made me a little nervous....And as far jersey Joe pointing out chumming heavy by my line...next trip no chum for him and i will throw a few extra pieces by yours... rofla rofla....Had a great time  chrz...until the next trip my friend.. chrz
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 12:01:54 PM by Scott G. »
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-