Author Topic: VHF Radio - Who needs this garbage?  (Read 6466 times)

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Re: VHF Radio - Who needs this garbage?
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2007, 09:58:40 PM »
Thats a shame. 

Here in Toms River I made sure they had the latest equipment that they made application for through the County EM.  We have the latest in car computer equipment that for the most part the dispatcher use to have to do.  They can run just about everything.  All our radio's are trunked with the capability of talking to other agencies with a turn of a dial.

Plus I believe the new radio's here even are triggered if an officer in down ie, horizontal.  Pretty cool stuff...

I am surprised that some of the larger cities don't take advantage of the grants available through EM.  Especially for communication equipment.

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2007, 10:03:28 PM »
Hi Capt. Ed,

Hey they troll our waters why can't we troll theirs without a designator chip who will know Just yell Drama Queen.  HAHAHA.  Maybe they will get the idea when little Johnnie yell for a radio check.

Sorry... I need to get some rest :P

Happy Catching.

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2007, 10:09:45 PM »
Hi Capt. Ed,

Hey they troll our waters why can't we troll theirs without a designator chip who will know Just yell Drama Queen.  HAHAHA.  Maybe they will get the idea when little Johnnie yell for a radio check.

Sorry... I need to get some rest :P

Happy Catching.

Paul
;D
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline BuddahB

• Full Member of the Den
  • Buddah Magoo
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2007, 11:48:09 PM »
I absolutely agree with the misuse of the VHF radios. Such nonsense and people that must not have gotten toys for Christmas when they were young. My favorite is some outfit around Barnegat Bay running a Jet-Ski rental communication on channel 71. Somehow I don't think that's appropriate... >:(
Capt. Burke

Offline Capt. Ed

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2007, 11:52:48 PM »
Hi BuddahB,

I missed that one ... amazing.

Good fishing,

Ed

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2007, 12:05:02 AM »
Hi BuddahB,

Welcome Aboard.  Glad to have another fishaholic join us.  We all know that there is a problem and has been for years but what do we do about it?

There isn't enough enforcement to go around and the marine frequencies are not monitored by the FCC even if they were how can you catch some one in the act if you do not have the necessary equipment to get thew job done, ie; boats with direction finder equipment.

Capt. Ed mentioned earlier about Ham radio being monitored by the FCC, they are to a degree.  Amateur radio is a self monitoring entity that polices itself.  There are enough people that care enough about the hobby to make sure it is not abused.  The cases are printed every month and fines and loss of licenses are high.

It is easier for land based units because you can follow the signal by driving.  No so with boats.  I would not want to try and uphold anything now it is too out of control.

Paul

IN GOD WE TRUST

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-