Author Topic: Fishing Friday and Saturday  (Read 1831 times)

Offline houdini

Fishing Friday and Saturday
« on: December 02, 2010, 10:27:53 AM »
Hello everyone.  I just started fishing again after a long hiatus.  My buddy and I have been wondering if there are any good spots to check out tomorrow (Friday 12/3) between Belmar and Cape May and in the Cape May/Wildwood area on Saturday. 

We are open to fishing day and night.  Hoping to catch some stripers, but it's so hard to say whether they bite in the day or only exclusively at night.  We've been using clams but without much success.  We're pretty much surf casting or canal fishing.  I appreciate any sharing of good locations for any decent fish.  I'm hoping December is good.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Re: Fishing Friday and Saturday
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 10:35:15 AM »
Welcome Aboard houdini, well the bite so far today is starting up in the Seaside Park area and so far I have heard of 2 bass brought in and one was on clam and the other was on a teaser so you can make thae call as to what you will be using for bait.

You might have to move around a bit to find them but just look for the cuts and throw whatever your using and the tide conditions either to the inside or outside.  Be sure to try both as this last blow has mixed the water up a bit it did not change any of the structure which is great.

The water is a bit brown so clams for right now might have the upper hand till it clears a bit.

Again welcome aboard

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 10:57:41 AM »
 slt  Welcome Houdini   slt
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 12:44:21 PM »
Welcome. grtn
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline houdini

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 01:41:55 PM »
Thanks for the info.  If anyone has any specific locations (beaches or cross streets) where we might find them, that would be helpful.  We may try Seaside Park area on our trek down to Cape May.  I wouldn't be surprised if we hit 2-3 different locations depending on how well it is going, or isn't for that matter.

I've read clams and eels have been good for the surf, any chance bunker will also yield good results?  I hope that the recent storms left some ripe conditions for us tomorrow.

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 02:05:01 PM »
I'll be going out this weekend, and I'll be armed with clams, bunker, and sand eel imitations, such as Deadly Dicks, T-Hex's, and AVA jigs.  It's better to have more, than not enough.....Especially when the bass are hitting on the one thing you don't have.  Good luck out there!  t^
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 02:07:51 PM »
Thanks for the info.  If anyone has any specific locations (beaches or cross streets) where we might find them, that would be helpful.  We may try Seaside Park area on our trek down to Cape May.  I wouldn't be surprised if we hit 2-3 different locations depending on how well it is going, or isn't for that matter.

I've read clams and eels have been good for the surf, any chance bunker will also yield good results?  I hope that the recent storms left some ripe conditions for us tomorrow.

Unfortunately, no specific street name will be of help. Not because anyone would want to exclude anyone from good fishing but simply because fish are moving about all the time. A spot that produces today may be void of life tomorrow (or an hour from now for that matter). Best to get to an area and scout out a good spot by reading the beach. Some good info on here about doing that, just do a search and you will have more than enough info to get you started.

Good luck and great fishing.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-