Author Topic: Sea Hawk Saturday tog'n  (Read 1454 times)

Offline gottog

• Super Hero Member
Sea Hawk Saturday tog'n
« on: December 05, 2010, 09:15:50 PM »
Uncle and I hit the Sea Hawk on Saturday. Another dozen anglers or so were also out, so plenty of room to move about. Most seemed to end up in the stern but I stuck it out in the bow. A wee bit windy but fishable. My uncle stayed up there as well. He was a snag magnet. I had the first keeper on the boat and then a few shorts right after. Started to build life up pretty good but kept having to help my uncle out as he would get hung up wherever he went. Changed rods, lines, rigs, sinker weights, everything. Even had him fish next to me where it was a bit snaggy but not all that bad. Soon as he dropped in...hung up. He had one frustrating day and felt bad. Had four keepers and a good amount of shorts in between trying to get him hooked up. Mate was busy with the others as quite a few were snag-happy, plus he's family so not a real problem as I wanted him to catch fish.

Saw the other boats out there with everyone in the stern. Wusses. :P Had life built up really well on the first drop. Got to the point that I'd get rumbled as soon as I put my bait into the right spot. Had some others venture up to try and fish by me but their 3oz egg sinker rigs, tied directly to their yellow braid would all get hung up and then they'd commence their yank-away dance. Killed my life pretty quickly with that. By then the pick the rest of the boat had going on slowed down and the captain moved the boat. That killed it for me. Other drops all I could manage were shorts and rolled fish. Uncle ended the day with a skunk. Others onboard had 1-3 keepers and probably another 5 skunks as well.

Pool fish was about 4.5/5lbs and pretty sure it was caught on a spinning rod/reel  cfzd

All my fish were caught on greenies. Some of the shorts bit fierce. Snafu'd small/medium green crab was slammed and I'd reel up a fiesty 13.5" fish.
Did start off with half greenies to get the bite going, but eventually they took to the whole crabs as well.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 09:16:23 PM by gottog »
XL Rods addict
Fishing hack

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
Re: Sea Hawk Saturday tog'n
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 10:39:35 PM »
Sounds like you had a nice outing Mike... t^

Too bad about all the snags and your Uncle not hooking up though.

Offline gottog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 10:59:35 PM »
I dropped down for him once, felt he was on nice bottom, handed the rod back to him and he lifted the tip slightly...snagged. thud
XL Rods addict
Fishing hack

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 07:47:51 AM »
Sounds like it was a fun trip despite the hang ups.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 07:57:25 AM »
 whs
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 08:37:54 AM »
Nice report Mike, too bad for your uncle :P
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 12:05:05 PM »
 whs
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-