Author Topic: Bluefishing  (Read 1316 times)

Offline cwbsbll1

• Full Member of the Den
Bluefishing
« on: July 25, 2007, 01:19:15 AM »
Hello new to the board....

On the second week of August I will be down at Ocean City for the week. I am wondering if there are any headboats that go out for blue fish at night in the area. Also, what are the rigs people normally use when bluefishing on a head boat?

Thanks for your help,
Chris
"How like fish we are: ready, nay eager, to seize upon whatever new thing some wind of circumstance shakes down upon the river of time! And how we rue our haste, finding the gilded morsel to contain a hook." -Aldo Leopold

Ruger314

Re: Bluefishing
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 01:21:12 AM »
Chris I don't what head boats,, but they will either chunk with bunker or butter fish.. Or even throw glow jigs or dimond jigs.. Nite fish for blues has been good!!!

Offline Capt. Ed

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 01:24:41 AM »
Welocme to the site!

I am not familiar with that area. I am sure someone will answer that part of the question.

For bluefish on head boats, they use the following:

1. If they are chunking bait, they use wire leader hooks. You can get them on board or any bait and tackle shop.

2. If they are chunking, so are safe to use Ava 47, Krocodile or crippled herring jigs. Remember to bring some wire leader.

The Ava 47 are my personal favorite and they come with many different color "tails." Green usually works but you may want a few different ones. They are also readily available in bait and tackle shops.

Welcome again,

Capt. Ed

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 10:25:39 AM »
nice to have you
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 02:06:06 AM »
Welcome Aboard cw...

I haven't fished down that far south in a long time but I see you are in good hands and there will probably be a few more along shortly.

Again Welcome Aboard.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-