Author Topic: Reel Fun Sportfishing Fluke Report 6/16/11  (Read 1774 times)

Offline ReelFun

• Capt John
Reel Fun Sportfishing Fluke Report 6/16/11
« on: June 17, 2011, 07:54:53 AM »
The only way to describe tonight's "Magic Hours" charter with Elizabeth Dickerson and her sisters Laura and Susan was that we "kicked the cr** out of the Fluke" What a night!

First off let me say that Liz and her sisters are now "seasoned" veterans in the art of catching Fluke, which for some people is not an easy thing to do. I would now put these three against anybody I've had on my boat over the past few years.......they are that good!

Don't expect me to divulge the location of this body of fish but what I will say is that they were in a very tight "pack" about 200 yards long and once in it BANG.....FISH ON and once out of it you're in the Sahara Desert and nothing. A word of advice to all my fellow boaters........always mark the beginning of your drift with your GPS and the end of your drift and rake the place over and over again and stop these long unproductive drifts hoping for a hit. Tonight proved to me again that these fish huddle with each other so take that to the bank.

The ladies caught 41 Fluke over repeated drifts in a very tight area using Spearing/Squid and/or Peruvian Smelts/Squid combo dragging bait for 3-4 fish per drift catching both throwbacks and keepers that were fighting mad and fat, plump fish. The ladies were not experienced fisherpersons, but with about a half hours of instruction, they started to get the "touch" of Fluke fishing. What an outstanding Fluke season so far. All quality fish!

Were they real big fish, no, but it was a night of nonstop action while we were watching pod after pod of bunker finning by us and then being harassed by some really JUMBO Bluefish looking for a meal. Poor bunker didn't have a chance. What an outstanding evening ladies. Great fishing and wonderful people too.

Tight Lines,
Capt. John

« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 08:04:12 AM by ReelFun »

Offline Tbone

Re: Reel Fun Sportfishing Fluke Report 6/16/11
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 09:16:11 AM »
WOW, Telling by your report, you had an exciting evening with the ladies slt.  Great trip! 

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 10:08:48 AM »
 clp whs clp
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

Offline hiking

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 04:46:35 PM »
great job capt. it looks like you converted a couple more fisherpersons. clp
Paul cell 908-415-9542

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 10:39:31 AM »
Hot Damn!! You're on fire Brother.  Keep up the good work and how about lettin us in on your little secret ;)

Nice work Capt t^

Offline ReelFun

• Capt John
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 06:12:21 AM »
Pilot,

I'll have uncle "Buck" call you, but he's down in Louisiana working a shrimp boat for 2 weeks.

Capt. John

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 08:16:49 AM »
Nice work Captain JOhn.  t^

Oh so true about the short drifts over productive area only. Way too many people stop the boat and then drift forever and wonder why they can't put together a catch.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-