Author Topic: Pilot - RBAC 7-16  (Read 4172 times)

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
Pilot - RBAC 7-16
« on: July 17, 2011, 09:32:56 AM »
Entered the Raritan Bay Anglers Club tournament with designs of taking that ride to the back bay before 6:00PM weigh-in.  Excellent line-up with T-Bone aka "Whaa! I haven't caught a fish in an hour", Nick B aka "The Belmar Trim Kid" and Jeff M. aka "Silent Assasin". 

We got the jump on things early. Made an attempt at a drop where Paulie nailed his pig but that was just a real mess!  Rounded the hook to head south targeting the scratchy stuff.  Lines in the water and rods were doubled over.  Wind was a little more cranky then predicted but after the first hour or so it settled down nicely.  Started making contributions to the coffin right out of the gate.  The Trim Kid poked a nice CB (it was probably from Belmar rofla) while T-Bone got his favorite treat (BLAHHHH) a couple of ling dingers.  Assasin and I made steady contributions on the flatties.  We worked these grounds for 3 hours till the bite turned to a pick.  Biggest fish was just shy of scaling 5lbs.

Continued the hunt and had a share of tossers and boxers.  The snake was loaded with anglers on a similar mission.  Boats were lined up wall to wall on the edges.  Thought I felt a breeze from all the bucktailer's arms in  motion working their magic.  Drift was almost none existent. So those that power drifted were rewarded with the occasional net dipping.  Time to move for the current.  Ambrose never dissappoints ;D

Made a few stops at the top end to find some shorts and moved on.   Locked in on the spot T-Bone and I fished the day before to get a shot at some more keeps.  Clock ticking with the 4:00 announcement by RBAC committee that the fish to beat was 11.42LB now that is a tall order!  We were hoping for one shot at redemption and the next hour flew by with a couple of good pokes but it wasn't meant to be. 

This team had no guit! The weather was outstanding, we laughed hard, ate good (thanks Tastee - maybe there's a sponsor  ;D ), and the fish cooperated. 12 hours of solid fishing!

Count for the day:  21 fluke, 7 seabass, 4 dingers. Plenty of throwbacks but not bad. 4-5:1

Hope to get 'em next time.   t^

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
Re: Pilot - RBAC 7-16
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 10:53:42 AM »
Great trip/report t^

Nothing better than a well written/colorful fishing report t^ t^

Gota get Rod working on Tastee as a possible NJSWF sponsor ;D.....gota add pop tarts to the list as well...

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 10:57:11 AM »
Nice job, thanks for the report/pix.  TT^  <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline hiking

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 11:41:48 AM »
great report and pictures, nice story telling. some of you guys that have paid your dues, can always put a nice catch together.  I'm still paying
Paul cell 908-415-9542

Offline Tbone

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 11:46:27 AM »
Well, it was another outstanding day fishing on the ZO.  Did you dream of a huge fluke last night  rgmn.  Maybe next time we will be in the money.  Had a blast and thanks again for the trip.  TBone

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 06:41:45 PM »
Nice report No money but plenty of fish to clean t^
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 07:12:53 PM »
Great day! t^

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 09:24:26 PM »
Did you dream of a huge fluke last night  rgmn

Nightmares! 

Offline gymrat987654321

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 12:46:28 AM »
t^

Offline how many

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 07:45:16 AM »
way to go clp
member of round valley trout assoc. and eastern lake ontario trout and salmon assoc.

Offline shayshay

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 10:44:07 AM »
Great reading bro. Not very happy that I missed out this year in joining you in the tournament  rgmn. Next time someone comes up with some thing to do besides fish just  smk... Look forward to seeing you this weekend!   chrz

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 03:02:37 PM »
outstanding quantities which is the hard part
quality is just pure luck

Zounds like a great day!!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-