Author Topic: Fishguts 7/23 wreck trip  (Read 1637 times)

Offline Capt. Birch

• Sponsor
    • Fishguts Charters
Fishguts 7/23 wreck trip
« on: July 23, 2011, 05:52:38 PM »
 Hey no fog today for a change. Today I had the 3 person Chris Oh charter for an all day wreck trip. Chris has fished with me the last couple of seasons and is always a pleasure to spend the day with. We started the day with light SW winds and a tight SW swell that spread out as the day went on. I do not think it spread out fast enough for Chris's 2 buds early enough as we had 2 of the 3 man charter down for the count most of the trip. An occasional rally and the guys would reel in a nice fish and then be done for a while.  They were troopers and hung in there as the cooler was getting filled. Today the big fish made a good showing with 5 fish cracking the 3 lb mark and top seabass going 21" and weighing in at 4.2 lbs. The guys also had a real nice mix of other quality  bottom dwellers including cod,ling,blackfish and fluke to spice up the fillet table. We even had a small 16" dolphin fish that was released. Chris opted to call the trip a few hours short so his friends would remain friends with him ;D as they were way past the shade of green. I hated to leave the big boys snapping but with the nice forcast for the next few days we should really be able to work them over. Todays total  50 keeper seabass to 4.2 lbs, one 4lb blackfish, one 4lb fluke, one 21" codfish(3shorts released) 3 ling, one small dolphin fish released. Another nice inshore bottom fishing trip in JULY.

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
Re: Fishguts 7/23 wreck trip
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 05:55:08 PM »
Nice trip Capt. slt
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Tuna Tales

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 03:34:26 PM »
Very nice catch!

Joe T.

Offline gymrat987654321

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 04:36:03 PM »
 t^

Offline njfisherman1975

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 10:53:09 PM »
Nice day capt...sent u a pm about possible trip in the first week of august.

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 04:47:48 PM »
 t^
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-