Author Topic: dont no if i should cry or laugh about this trip.....  (Read 5184 times)

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
dont no if i should cry or laugh about this trip.....
« on: July 25, 2011, 12:59:54 AM »
Let me tell you all how my sunday"fishin trip" started. When i awoke at 6 am i thought gee lets go fishin today maybe jump on a head boat down at atlantic highlands cause my new tank STILL is not ready(ugg). As i lay in bed waitin 4 the rite time to wake my woman up and tell her fishin instead of horse racing, a bud of mine texted me said fishin my boat bring your gear i already got everything! Not being a fool i jumped on it! I texted him again do we need any thing like bait gas oil rigs whATever i got cash and a boat i can only look at cause again no tank(dammit).return tex nope just you,ur,rods and whatever we will drink and eat.

Done at 625am all stuff in our truck ready to go,its runnin in driveway! I woke the woman with a fresh cup of coffee. she was not happy! horse's start at 12:50pm its now 630am. finally get to boat around 650 load all our stuff check the oil in the motors sterring fluid and trim fluid all is perfect!!!yay. Remember our boat is in driveway for 1+ week now with no tank in her(on order)..killing me i cant use "ever enough"bought it to use it not look at it!

Around 730 my bud walks down the dock he said "glad ur ready were outta here lets kill the fish today!! woohooo i said lets do this!started one motor second one didnt want 2 start a little finess and "talkin" to 10 minutes later   she starts runs great! wooho i think!

make our way out of the harbor boat runin great im happy my woman is NOT. we run towards the ammo pier and half way there the motor starts runin hot. stopped and tried to figure why? my woman decides to start fishin. not only did my bud forget the bait he forgot the sinkers. My woman is now beyond pissed! return to dock he runs to get tackle she gets off the boat disgusted. im sweatin to figure out the issues this motor has with us today! after an while she comes back as does my friend i found out the t-stat is bad we run it without one.as we procede to go out again we run to the spot we wanted to 5 minutes later all 3 of us r hooked up 2 keepers yay i thought...then we make another drift yay my woman landed 3 fish 1 keeper 2 shorts she is still pissed! we make another drift still by the ammo pier NOTHING..another drift NOTHING woman is pissed even more. we all deciede to run to bouy #2 it the hook channnel where i caught many of fish...i thought to myself yay were goin to my spot woman will catch a nice fluke and the boats runnin good still.. as we turn around the hook the bunker and birds were workin....we past it up???why? i dont know??? we get to the bouy we were there 2 minutes and my womans pole bends in half wow i thought shell be happy she got the big one well she did a huge doormat i get the net i net it and she's aboard monster fish my woman didnt even smile. i go to take a picture and just as i do  a wave comes and knocks my fone to the deck dam it i said oput loud as the battery slide across the deck straight into the saltie water on deck battery is now shot!

we stay at our honey hole hook channel bouy#^ and out.we catch 5 more keepers and about 15 shorts.we were using green feathers squid killie.....plain ole hook with just belly and a pink feather with shinners with killie and belly all seemed to work very well although the green one seemed to get the bigger ones. as the day ended we started to run back to his slip and what do you know! the other motor is runnin hot now dam i thought here we go again!as were at the tip of the hook my woman is PISSED i tried to figure it out and in the end both of the t-stats were bad...we start headin back now both motors runnin sweet...im thinkin yay were almost done...NOPE we get stopped by the marine police...after what seemed like hours we were let go one ticket expired flares???i think really?? but the law is the law..

as we get to the dock guess what fish and game officers board our vessel to check our fish..no worries way below limit and all fish are better the 20 inches after a talkin to and a few hand shakes they were on their way.as i sit at the dock thinkin what the hell just happened i realized the day we just had was better the my best day at work?why you ask? well nothing better then being on the water with my bud and my woman even if she was pissed the whole day because i was not on land....in the end my woman and i went to the races and not only did she kill the "boys" at fishin she killed us at the races. yup shes happy now.

all in all the #2 bouy in the hook channel still provides fish if ur willin....id post pics. but my fone is in 65 feet of water now...

/
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 11:55:39 AM by Hotrod »
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
Re: dont no if i should cry or laugh about this trip.....
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 06:22:56 AM »
Thanks for the report .

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 09:39:31 AM »
Wow you had one hell of a day. 

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 09:41:10 AM »
 whs
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 10:32:31 AM »
I'm outta breath just readin' that...

phew!!!

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 10:42:25 AM »
What a day... thud thud

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 11:57:15 AM »
lol.  I cleaned that up for you a little.  that was one big paragraph and hard to read..

Maybe they read the  "Drug Topic" ;D ;D >:D

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 12:18:16 PM »
soory it was such a mess when i typed it but just look at the day i had. It was a trip to remember for sure....All in all it wasnt such a bad day and in the end my woman had a smile on her face(it did take hours to achive this part)...my bud got his boat running better now and 2 new t-stats that i put in this morning(always willing to help a fellow fisherman any time any where).and me, well lets just say im glad i got the chance to spend time on the water even if it was a tough day for me and i didnt have to look at my vessel all day as im still waitin 4 the tank

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 12:37:15 PM »
 t^

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 04:46:19 PM »
took a while to read, but great report.
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 09:25:28 PM »
took a while to read, but great report.

thanks if it took you long to read imangine how Loooong my day was! lol

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 12:16:14 AM »
I think I could write a "Country Song" about this trip. TT^
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Reckless

• AKA Frankeu
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 05:01:38 AM »
 You could have spread that out over 3 forums. Fishing reports, mechanical and regulations! LOL!

Good read!  clp

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 08:33:37 AM »
 t^ whs t^
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 08:47:45 AM »
You could have spread that out over 3 forums. Fishing reports, mechanical and regulations! LOL!

Good read!  clp

tell me about it all my skills came out....fisherman skills....mechanical skills.....people skills...and the most important skill.......woman skills alho i havent perfected the last one yet doubt i'll ever will.

Offline Reckless

• AKA Frankeu
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2011, 02:43:58 PM »
 New forum women skills?  :headscra:

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 03:57:38 PM »
Umm...uhhh....ummm i think wait ummmmm.ok ok ok we sure could try to figure out the woman skills but i know personaly myself ive tried it all and then some and the only thing i got out of that was more confusion 5hrug.Not to be rude but one day me and an oldster were huntin and talkin about woman..then BOOM..and with that he truned to me and said"Boy did you see that shot"? yes, i said! as we got closer i noticed the shot was not a kill shot! more of a bleeder,meaning it bled to death in a matter of seconds,He turned to me and said boy you'll understand woman when you figure out why they bleed for days and dont die but you shoot a deer and it dies in seconds.......Kinda makes you think a little now dont it? thud

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-