Author Topic: Fishguts 7/28 Seabass limits with cod, pollack and ling  (Read 1330 times)

Offline Capt. Birch

• Sponsor
    • Fishguts Charters
Fishguts 7/28 Seabass limits with cod, pollack and ling
« on: July 28, 2011, 08:42:58 PM »
We got pay back today ;D. Yesterdays wreck trip turned into a nice long boat ride. Once out on the grounds we had unfishable conditions due to wind and seas and aborted the trip and came right back in. I did take the guys crabbing for 2 hours so it was not a wasted day and sent them home with 68 nice size crabs. Today it was Brain and his lovely wife Summer from STC Sports and boat regular Wilson out for an all day wreck trip. We had glass calm seas but a hard north current. The morning bite was good but keepers were hard to come by. Summer got a chance to land her very first codfish and pollack today. At 10:30 I beginning to think that the easy fishing may be over until a nice Noreaster stirs things up as the short fish have taken over much of the bottom in many areas. I decided to look around to a few spots I have not hit for a few weeks and found them loaded with very hungry keeper size fish. In no time the box started filling up with nice 13.5" to 14" keeper seabass with a few 2 lb fish to spice it up. Also 3 keeper codfish,2 short codfish,2 short pollack and some ling kept the excitement up. The anglers boxed their 75 fish limit and help me with a nice pile for myself. A great day of wreck fish anytime of year let alone the end of July on the inshore grounds. Trip totals today for the 3 anglers.....75 seabass limit,3 ling, 3 keeper codfish and one 15" blackfish.  
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 08:45:08 PM by Capt. Birch »

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
Re: Fishguts 7/28 Seabass limits with cod, pollack and ling
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 11:05:34 PM »
Nice trip Capt. slt
Got to love hot summer days ;D
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 08:14:47 AM »
 ;D t^

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 09:24:43 AM »
 TT^ TT^ wts TT^ TT^
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-