Author Topic: Pilot - Brother Jay & Paul Fluke hurtin - 7/30  (Read 1622 times)

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
Pilot - Brother Jay & Paul Fluke hurtin - 7/30
« on: July 30, 2011, 09:14:29 PM »
Got it on with the snaps first thing this AM with an early morning shove and the livewell loaded with the goods.   Paul showed up with Christmas presents in July!!!  ;D Some sweet custom built light inshore rods that are just unbelievable. Paul not only can you throw a mean net but your rod building skills are sick TT^

We planned a full day and we got every bit of it.   Jay hooked us up with plenty of tasty treats to keep us fueled and hydrated for the day.   Turned the hook and sniffed around some of the sticky stuff for the majority of the day.....  Flatties cooperated immediately with Paul poking a few heavies early on.  Bucktails were the ticket!  Jay proceeded to smack a handful of knuckleheads to 2.5-3.0 lbs.   I worked the new rod with the Spro meister set-up but Paul put on show with the light double bucktail set-up.   Seeing his success on the keeps, I switched out to the light stuff and it was game on.   Paul and I were going toe to toe on some quality flundy to 6.5 lb.   We had our share of 4's and 5's.   The bite was fairly consistent throughout the day.  Clearly the bait of choice was snapper on the bottom bucktail.  These fish were very aggressive and there was absolutely no doubt when you were on one.   

Finished the day late 4:00 with good pull of fish.   Ended with 15 flatties, 5 CB's.

Great day on the water and a heck of a crew!

Till next time t^

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
Re: Pilot - Brother Jay & Paul Fluke hurtin - 7/30
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 09:22:16 PM »
Wow Nice Jeff t^
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline Tbone

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 10:07:58 AM »
Way to got ZMan and crew.  Can't wait to try the custom from Paul.  Hopefully I can catch as much with the new rod.   t^.  Is your reading this, Thanks Paul!!  slt.  T-Bone

Offline hiking

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 12:07:44 PM »
nice report, that sounds like a fun day
Paul cell 908-415-9542

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 01:45:34 PM »
Nice day out guys t^
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 02:54:49 PM »
Nice Jeff t^

Offline shayshay

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 09:35:27 AM »
Sorry for the delayed response  -still taking care of the Flukasaurus Flu hangover. Great time out on the water and totally enjoyed watching Paulie start with the crush of fluke and teach us a few things with the light tackle.  cfzd. Never in my life have I seen someone throw a net in 60+ feet of water and pull in bunker  : thud Way to go Paul-e slte. BTW nice poles Paul-e. (Did my brother happen top mention I like to fish as well?  rofla.) Great job again brother putting us on a lot of fish and I just totally enjoyed the full day. Look forward to the tourney this weekend  clp...
Some of my hometown friends wanted to know where we fished and what we used  :-X.. I told them if I said I would probably have to kill them  hhppy

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 09:36:20 AM »
Nice work guys!  clp
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-