Author Topic: Leonardo Fluke Master Tournament Controversory  (Read 4945 times)

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
Leonardo Fluke Master Tournament Controversory
« on: August 08, 2011, 01:05:14 PM »
Spoke to a few pissed off fishermen yesterday and this morning about the results of the weigh in.  (As first reported by Capt Bob in one of his weekend reports). Here is what Al Ristori as well as another Captian have to say about it.  5hrug

http://www.nj.com/shore/blogs/fishing/index.ssf/2011/08/fluke_masters_weights_way_off.html

http://www.sntfishing.com/captains-log/

<'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline NJ Guy

• AKA "Virgina Beach Guy"
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Leonardo Fluke Master Tournament Controversory
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 01:26:34 PM »
disgusting that weighmaster should be a ashamed that whole tournament was a sham
270 AmberJack "Sweet Emocean"

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 02:52:38 PM »
Having fished the Tourn this year and numerous years in the past and knowing the majority of the guys in the Fire House I am convinced that nothing intentional went on to mess things up.

But, this should have been picked up by someone. If you weigh a fish that is really a 10 lber and they say it is 16 lbs you have to know something is wrong.

We had a decent pull of fish, my guys hearing the weights on the radio deceided not to weigh in. THIS WAS OUR MISTAKE. As it was our fish total would have put us in 3rd or 4th.

Something like this can kill a tournament, and I would not wish this to happen.

Congratulations to all the Captains and teams that placed, for those like us that did not weigh because of the information given....well, we learned a lesson.

Offline NJ Guy

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 03:26:12 PM »
Having fished the Tourn this year and numerous years in the past and knowing the majority of the guys in the Fire House I am convinced that nothing intentional went on to mess things up.

But, this should have been picked up by someone. If you weigh a fish that is really a 10 lber and they say it is 16 lbs you have to know something is wrong.

We had a decent pull of fish, my guys hearing the weights on the radio deceided not to weigh in. THIS WAS OUR MISTAKE. As it was our fish total would have put us in 3rd or 4th.

Something like this can kill a tournament, and I would not wish this to happen.

Congratulations to all the Captains and teams that placed, for those like us that did not weigh because of the information given....well, we learned a lesson.

that was my big thing to how can you look at a 10 pound fish and say its 16 or 18 lbs i mean come on nobody noticed the obvious size difference

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 03:48:27 PM »
I did not get to fish in this tournament due to family bbq obligations. I'm sure this was not intentional, and most likely the failure to deduct the tare weight of the basket as mentioned by Al Ristori, causing the false numbers, in turn discouraging others from weighing in their fish.  Yes, lesson learned here as well. If the scale was wrong for one, it was wrong for all. Maybe an official statement can clear things up, maybe it's best to say nothing, I'm not sure. As in all tournaments the officials decision is final.  <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 05:19:00 PM »
Sounds like total BS to me. Obviously no Fluke Masters were anywhere near being in charge of the weighin. Definitely not masters of fluke weighing. Or maybe they really knew all along what was going on, and the real joke is on all the participants. I'd never fish that tourny again if that happened to me. The guys in charge of the weighin knew better. Supposedly sometimes they tare'd the scale with the tray on the scale, othertimes not-- so they can't even make the argument "the scale was off for everyone by the same amount." I say refund everyone's money- it's only fair to those that were misinformed. Foul, Scam, Fraud, all come to mind.

Offline NJ Guy

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 05:34:49 PM »
Sounds like total BS to me. Obviously no Fluke Masters were anywhere near being in charge of the weighin. Definitely not masters of fluke weighing. Or maybe they really knew all along what was going on, and the real joke is on all the participants. I'd never fish that tourny again if that happened to me. The guys in charge of the weighin knew better. Supposedly sometimes they tare'd the scale with the tray on the scale, othertimes not-- so they can't even make the argument "the scale was off for everyone by the same amount." I say refund everyone's money- it's only fair to those that were misinformed. Foul, Scam, Fraud, all come to mind.

my thoughts as well

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 07:58:21 PM »
Ok even if they didn't subtract the tare from the basket why are you using a 6 pound basket. And the whole thing may have went un noticed if the guy with the 10 lb fluke really thought it was 16 lbs. I fished it and I didn't weigh in but I didn't have a chance anyway, for guys like capt bob dave and dave jr. That had a legit shot at placing it really has to stink. Besides the fact that everyone who caught fish had to really fish there butts of and took a pounding with the strong se blow. All in all it was a decintly ran tourny and I hope they arw able to fix the blunders from this year. Its never a good sign when the keg gets kicked 30 mins into the captains meeting, but the beer was cold and it was hot out.
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 12:04:40 AM »
I say refund everyone's money- it's only fair to those that were misinformed.

whs

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-