Author Topic: Could you pass a US citizenship test?  (Read 6376 times)

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
Re: Could you pass a US citizenship test?
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2011, 08:03:44 AM »
You know Al im all for haveing ENGLISH as the offical language of the U.S.A. Like you said if u want to be a citizen at least learn the language!

The problem we have now is the understaffed boarders. If they sneak in.One they dont pay the taxes we do,BUT they TAKE from it!.Two they are NOT counted in our Govt. static. So the actual numbers are off. Believe me i could go on and on and on...

I do believe ANYONE deserves the right to have a better life here in AMERICA. Thats what we fight wars for, FREEDOM, right??? I also believe they should LEGAL.. Illegal is illegal no matter what!
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 08:23:41 AM »
Correct and I agree. I am spending entirely too much time on this. But we cannot blame illegals alone, they wouldn't bother to come here if we didn't see them as cheap labor and provide them with jobs. I say we because its not PC to say yous.Sorry for taking this thread way out of context Bob.
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2011, 10:31:02 AM »
Bob
Published: May 19, 2006   WASHINGTON, May 18 — The Senate voted on Thursday to designate English as the national language. In a charged debate, Republican backers of the proposal, which was added to the Senate's immigration measure on a 63-to-34 vote, said that it was equivalent to establishing a formal national anthem or motto and that it would simply affirm the pre-eminence of English without overturning laws or rules on bilingualism.   

And english was our national language before ww2 where it was almost german. And now since 2006 english is our national language. Also 28 of our states have English as there national language.while its not an official law yet it has been voted on and approved by legislature,

Al,

1.  The Senate vote you mentioned above never made it into law. 

2.  I'd never heard of the German thing until now.  As I suspected, that is a myth. 

http://german.about.com/library/weekly/aa010820a.htm

http://www.snopes.com/language/apocryph/german.asp

3.  By definition states cannot have a national language.  NJ does not have an official state language.

So, you can debate whether or not English should be the official national language, but for 235 years, and right up through today, we have not had one.

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2011, 01:17:53 PM »
 clp TT^

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2011, 11:11:07 PM »
I had a feeling you'd like those pics. ;D

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2011, 08:16:25 AM »
I had a feeling you'd like those pics. ;D

LOve'em t^   Look im all for America and the english language to be our official language..Everyone deserves a better life,just do it legal!    We do t^

Offline NJ Guy

• AKA "Virgina Beach Guy"
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 06:55:54 PM »
We also have a national language which is English, you should have to know how to read and right the language of the country you are trying to become a citizen of before you are granted citizen ship.

We do not now, nor have we ever had a national language in this country.

thats correct i think we are the only country without a national language
270 AmberJack "Sweet Emocean"

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-