Author Topic: Reel McCoy II report 11/25  (Read 1093 times)

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
Reel McCoy II report 11/25
« on: November 26, 2011, 03:31:33 PM »
Went out solo today and started jigging between the channels.  First two casts produced two shorts about 26" on a hammered jig.  Third cast produced a nice backlash  rgmn.  Switched to backup rod and got 5 more shorts on a ava with a white tail.  I had a hit which I assumed was yet another short but it turned out to be a nice fish that took off when he got a look at the boat, he proceeded to wrap the line around my prop and was gone leaving me with two rods out of commission.  Broke out the spinner and threw storm shads at breaking fish.  Bass were following in the lure but not striking.  I did manage two monster blues which mangled the shads.  Went on the troll once the fish stared breaking up and landed 7 more bass with one being a keeper of 34".  Packed it in about 1100 with a total of 14 bass (1 keeper) and 2 blues.
I also got to see Aaron on his Ever Enough today fishing the same grounds.
I think I will be out there tomorrow as this weather looks like it will hold another day.
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
Re: Reel McCoy II report 11/25
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 06:52:55 PM »
Excellent trip bro. Was cool to get to see ya. I headed in got more fuel and headed back out.Im also looking to get out tomarrow,same place,same time,same fish and same channel t^
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 11:13:33 PM »
Other than the equipment malfunctions, it sounds like you had a pretty good day. t^

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 10:05:53 AM »
Other than the equipment malfunctions, it sounds like you had a pretty good day. t^
Can't blame the equipment, purely operator error  ;D
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-