Author Topic: town laws  (Read 1362 times)

Offline catfish hunter

• Super Hero Member
town laws
« on: August 15, 2007, 04:26:18 PM »
need help fast ,my nieghbor called the cops on me cuz I keep my boat in the street {dead end}he claims it is an eye sore and wants it removed ,we have been fighting for a couple years now and it is only getting worse ,is there any state laws that can over ride the town laws ,I asked the cops what the town laws were and they were not sure ,first he said the boat had to be under 10 tons so I said great then he said he might be wrong it could be 5 tons even better I said ,so now he claims it just has to go ,I spoke to a lt. and he had no clue on town laws {go figure} .long story short I have to find a place to keep my boat off the street.I can just pull it in my moms driveway next door but that is to easy I want to fill the boat w/ dead fish and park in front of his house.

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
Re: town laws
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 05:56:51 PM »
CAll the zoning committee and ask them what the laws are. Don't explain your situation, just ask them the law on parking a trailered boat in the street. If they do not have a law or can site you a specific one, you can go from there.

If they have no law on the bopoks, then put the boat back on the street and tell the cops you spoke to the zoning board, no laws and you don't have to move it.

I would also find some god ways to mess with your neighbor :)

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 08:03:07 PM »
as long as your following the rules as it not blocking any drive ways, or not to far from teh curb, what you park in front of your house is YOUR business.  If he still complains, then call the town and rent one of those dumps for construction removal.  It is allowed and a bigger eye sore.  I would take this battle head on and make them miserable. Or get a really old beat up car and park it there...  Your best bet is to rent a very large dump for a week or so.. it will drive your neighbors crazy.
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 11:50:14 PM »
My town has a no boat in the street law, from what I understand.

Good Luck Catfish,  sucks having azzholes for neighbors.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 02:34:32 PM »
Unless things have changed since I have been on the road, State motor vehicle law - any vehicle parked in the street must be moved within 48 hours.  You can park it there but it has to be moved every two days.  Just a slight move will not be considered as complying with the law.  In my town (Rod's also) ordinance says boats, motorhomes, etc are to be alongside/rear of house and I believe behind a sight barrier.

Most cops do not enforce these types of laws/ordinances unless someone complains.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-