Author Topic: Suffern, NY and Somerset, NJ Shows-Reel Fun  (Read 2382 times)

Offline ReelFun

• Capt John
Suffern, NY and Somerset, NJ Shows-Reel Fun
« on: February 05, 2012, 08:55:34 AM »
Fellow Anglers,

Just a few lines to keep you informed as to what's going on here at Reel Fun Sportfishing.

As we settle into the heart of winter, you have to admit it's not been too bad so far. Let's keep our fingers crossed it stays this way for awhile longer.

I've been very busy getting ready for the upcoming fishing shows by revising and printing brochures, business cards and postcards. Anyone attending the shows will get a look at a new feature that you'll find on our Reel Fun postcards with the addition of the QR code. If you have a smartphone, just scan the QR code on the postcard and you'll be directed right to the Reel Fun Sportfishing web site....very cool! (Advantage Promotions in Boonton, NJ handles all my PR materials....t-shirts too guys!)

I've talked to the show organizers and they are very excited about the seminars that will be featured this year and the addition of some new vendors to both the Suffern, NY as well as the Somerset, NJ shows.

Personally, I've been busy tying rigs for clamming and bunker chunking Stripers as well as making rigs for bucktailing this upcoming Fluke season.

Sometime around mid March, and weather permitting, I'll be painting the bottom of the boat, and we'll be ready to go around April 1st. Hopefully the Raritan Bay Stripers will start to arrive around the 15th of April which is right on schedule for them. My mates and I will be doing some exploratory trips to locate these early season fish so we don't have to spend a lot of your time searching for them on the day of your charter.

Stay warm and mark your calendars for the upcoming shows.

Tight Lines,
Capt. John

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Suffern, NY and Somerset, NJ Shows-Reel Fun
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 09:05:45 AM »
Get your gear all together now Capt John. It's going to be a fantastic season in 2012.  t^

Anyone looking for saltwater tackle, the Somerset show is the one to attend for this area. There is a huge amount of tackle to look at and purchase.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 11:16:31 AM »
Haven't been to Suffern in years but it was a good one to attend for sure t^

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 12:18:35 PM »
Sufferin aint that what you do when pawle catches a bigger tog :headscra:
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 12:54:18 PM »
Sufferin aint that what you do when pawle catches a bigger tog :headscra:

No silly. It's what you do when you realize that  pawle is in the same drawing for a rod n reel as you. It is a given that  pawle will catch the biggest tog.  ;D
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 02:39:47 PM »
Good point Al...I did a lot of suffern this past tog season fishing next to  pawle  :'(  he took me to school this fall...

My banquet strategy is to follow  pawle around the prize table....and put my tickets only in buckets that  pawle hasn't  rofla

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-