Author Topic: Reel McCoy II Saturday 4/20 report  (Read 952 times)

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
Reel McCoy II Saturday 4/20 report
« on: April 29, 2012, 09:18:27 AM »
Had Phil (Wreckfish) on board Saturday for a day of bassing the Sandy Hook area.  We were loaded for bear with a bushel of clams, jigs and trolling gear.  After a slow wet ride across SH bay (sorry my curtains were in my garage, Phil) we turned the corner and got set up on the Clam Beds.  It looked promising with several clamers working the area. A large crowd soon developed unfortunately we were not able to draw any fish to our hooks.  After about 3 hours of catch and release skating we followed the fleet over to Flynn's but nothing seemed to be going on there so off to troll the Reach.  Soon the port rod went off and Phil quickly had his first black trash bag of the season in the bucket  ;).  That was followed by a nice sized bluefish.  Later we hooked up again with what seemed to be a larger fish but the captain allowed the fish to circle the boat and come off when he went under it.  Then off to the Belford flats to clam again, nothing.  Then trolled a spoon along the edge with a couple of knockdowns.  Had a great day on the water fishing with Phil and I hoped he enjoyed the tour of the northern waters.
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
Re: Reel McCoy II Saturday 4/20 report
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 03:07:40 PM »
Guess they just weren't hungary .You hit all the magic spots .  :headscra:

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
Re: Reel McCoy II Saturday 4/20 report
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 04:36:06 PM »
Dan if you would have posted this a week ago we would be able to help you 4/20 fcp
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-