Author Topic: R.I.P. Mitchell Guist  (Read 2003 times)

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
R.I.P. Mitchell Guist
« on: May 16, 2012, 10:05:20 PM »
 :'( :'( (CNN) -- Mitchell Guist, a star of the reality TV show "Swamp People," died of "natural causes," a local sheriff in Louisiana said.

Assumption Parish Sheriff Mike Waguespack released the preliminary autopsy conclusion Wednesday, although he said final results will not be available for another four or five weeks.

Fans pay tribute to 'Swamp People' star

Guist, 47, was working to build a houseboat when he appeared to have a seizure and fell backwards in his boat, said Assumption Parish Sheriff Mike Waguespack.

He was with another person on the Intercoastal Waterway, about 75 miles from New Orleans, at the time of his collapse.

'Swamp People' star Mitchell Guist dies That person, who did not want to be identified, got Guist back to a boat landing, performed CPR and called his wife, who in turn called 911, said the sheriff.

Guist was transferred to the Teche Regional Medical Center in Morgan City, where he was pronounced dead Monday.

Daniel Wiltz, with the St. Martin Parish coroner's office, declined to comment on the autopsy except to say that it was pending.

What is 'Swamp People'?

"Right now, we're thinking about him almost every minute," said Brian Catalina, executive producer of "Swamp People." "We've lost a really important part of our family and a treasured friend."

"Swamp People" is the popular History Channel TV series that chronicles the lives of alligator hunters.

Now in its third season, the series is set in Louisiana's Atchafalaya Swamp, and focuses on Cajun alligator hunters during the 30-day hunting season that the History Channel notes is "crucial to their survival."

Guist appeared on the show alongside his brother, Glenn Guist.

"The two were inseparable. These guys were born in the same house that they both still lived in, up until yesterday. They were two peas in a pod for sure. Neither had ever married. They were just as brothers as you could be," said Catalina on Tuesday.

Soon after news of Guist's death broke, tributes began pouring in on the brothers' official fan club Facebook page.

"RIP Mitchell you were one hell of a swamp man and inspired people like me. Prayers go out to Glenn and the Guist family. May his legacy live on," read one.

"May the king of the bayou welcome you home," read another
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/16/showbiz/swamp-people-death/index.html

I will truley miss you Mitchell. Glenn, You and your family are in our prayers. Swamp People will never be the same. <'(((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
Re: R.I.P. Mitchell Guist
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 11:04:27 PM »
RIP  slt
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 07:19:43 AM »
RIP He was a True Swamper
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 07:56:42 AM »
Him and his brother true cajuns, hunt for bait to hunt for dinner slt doing it the old fashion way no supermarket for those boys, I have to admit Troy is my favorite but he was a close second.
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 11:37:40 AM »
 nosmly   VERY SAD    nosmly
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 11:42:00 AM »
 whs
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline JeffL

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 09:35:22 PM »
Rip.. Troy got my first boat but them brothers were some funny fellas..
My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-