Author Topic: Furnance Lake Fathers Day 2012  (Read 2366 times)

Offline DJ76

Furnance Lake Fathers Day 2012
« on: June 17, 2012, 09:43:20 PM »
well me the father in law brother in law and another friend head out to furnace lake for 5am.  started by throwing poppers, buzzbaits, jitterbugs, and some prop baits.  nothing to show in the first few hours except the brother in law had something come up and nail his hula popper and breaks the line.  wasn't sure what it was.  about mid morning i hook into a tiny bass off green pumpkin worm.  brother in law and friend have a few musky follow to the boat but refused to hit, even after the figure eight.  i wind up getting another small bass and an okay catfish on some more soft plastics/bass plug combos.  its about 11 now a little frustration setting in.  decide to move again where my brother in law and I have been catching some decent bass in the previous weeks.  well then all of our fathers days were made with this bonus...

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.
~Stephen B. Leacock

Offline DJ76

Re: Furnance Lake Fathers Day 2012
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 09:50:41 PM »
tiger musky hit my father in laws square bill crank bait (crayfish color with bright orange eyes).  real good fight.  tried to net him but the darn thing bit through the net and now my father in law is trying to fight the fish while I'm holding the fraybill moving back and forth with the movement of the line.  I got a net in one hand and the boga grips in the other...thus thing wouldn't give up!!  finally got him in took our pics and safely released.  didn't have chance to weigh or measure but guessing about 8 pounds and somewhere between 30-36 inches.  best part...i handed my father in law a bag of lures for his fathers day gift and that square bill was one of them!  a nice day of fishing turning into an excellent day with one catch.
It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.
~Stephen B. Leacock

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 11:10:14 PM »
 Nice tiger.  Congrats! t^

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 09:43:47 AM »
 t^
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-