Author Topic: Sunday w/Reel Fun Sportfishing  (Read 880 times)

Offline ReelFun

• Capt John
Sunday w/Reel Fun Sportfishing
« on: June 18, 2012, 09:43:32 AM »
It's now apparent that the bigger Fluke are starting to make their appearance. Had the Rufus Moberly, Highlands, NJ out for a "Magic Hours" 3 pm to 7 pm charter fishing trip today and although fishing is still a slow pick of fish by my standards, Bill, pictured below made his day with this 26", 6 lb. 2 oz beauty of a Fluke. clp

We had just started to bucktail around the tip of the hook and his 4 oz Spro Chartreuse/White bucktail had only been in the water a few minutes when this fish inhaled his offering. Bill NEVER bucktailed in his life so you see this method really works if you'll give it a try,

We were limited in the area we could fish this afternoon as we were, once again, fighting mother nature with a brisk SSE wind. But we tucked in on the lee of the tip of Sandy Hook and found some calmer waters with acceptable drift speeds of 1.5 - 1.6 kts along with using our 72" Cabela's Pro Drift Sock. With the predicted warmer temp's for this week and the water temp I recorded today at 70 degrees, I think a new body of fish might be making an appearance any day now. So if you're a "Fluker" like I am, now is the time to start bucktailing with me as I'm sure there are more of these kind of fish around. t^

Tight Lines,
Capt. John

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
Re: Sunday w/Reel Fun Sportfishing
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 10:20:19 AM »
 t^..Nice catch Capt..Thanks for the pic.... chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-