Author Topic: Need Help....  (Read 2876 times)

Offline Jaycr3183

• Fish, eat, sleep repeat.
Need Help....
« on: June 19, 2012, 07:01:02 PM »
Hey guys, new to this forum.
Wanted to get some opinions on a Tuna fishing trip.  I want to surprise my Fiancee with a trip for our "Engagement Present" believe it or not she LOVES to fish!!! (Im gifted I know) lol.
I went out a few years ago to the Canyons with VERY minimal results on a WELL KNOWN Boat.  That left a bad taste in my mouth.  I think I am going more for the little guy now that works his a$$ off and isnt all about the sponsers and the next charter waiting on the dock lol.
If there are some captains out there and or someone who wants a tuna partner for a day or 2 I will be MORE THEN WILLING to pay the gas fee for a chance at my first tuna EVER, and her first offshore experience.  Thanks in advance guys!! Tight lines and be safe.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 07:03:12 PM by Jaycr3183 »

Offline Duffman

Re: Need Help....
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 07:38:38 PM »
Tons of questions to ask in order to answer the right way.

What do you have in mind? Party or charter?   Or looking to hop a ride on someones private boat?  Day troll or 24 hour chunk/troll overnighter?  Has your better half been out offshore before?

....and "very minimal results" arent always the fault of the boat crew......just sayin... ;D

Offline Jaycr3183

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 08:09:13 PM »
Hey Duff, She has never been offshore, but wants to go in a very big way.  I am intereted in either a day troll, or a 24 hour trip with trolling and chunking at night.  I am looking to steer away from party boats right now but am very interested in private charter or if someone has 2 open seats that fishes out there freqently.
I understand that minimal results are not the crews fault, but cutting a 24 hours trip down to 20 hours and getting us off the dock qucik to get the next charter on, and not one tuna knock down the whole time out there, the day after a hurricane, im not off shore expert, but even I know the day after a hurricane will mess with the temp breaks alot.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 08:32:27 PM »
I would see if you can jump on a members open boat here..but they are few and farbetween to the bluefin grounds  or contact one of a sponsors.. and see if they can fit you in on an open boat..

Capt. Rich www.mrcharters.com
Capt. Joey www.sykkphyshsportfishing.com/
Capt. Carl  www.wetdreamssportfisng.com

Offline Jaycr3183

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 09:02:10 PM »
Thanks bud. Checked them all out.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 09:52:20 PM »
I would see if you can jump on a members open boat here..but they are few and farbetween to the bluefin grounds  or contact one of a sponsors.. and see if they can fit you in on an open boat..

Capt. Rich www.mrcharters.com
Capt. Joey www.sykkphyshsportfishing.com/
Capt. Carl  www.wetdreamssportfisng.com

whs
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Mojoman

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 08:25:07 AM »
 whs
All three are great capts. t^
Gotta be in it to win it!!

Offline Duffman

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 08:42:01 AM »
Hey Duff, She has never been offshore, but wants to go in a very big way.  I am intereted in either a day troll, or a 24 hour trip with trolling and chunking at night.  I am looking to steer away from party boats right now but am very interested in private charter or if someone has 2 open seats that fishes out there freqently.
I understand that minimal results are not the crews fault, but cutting a 24 hours trip down to 20 hours and getting us off the dock qucik to get the next charter on, and not one tuna knock down the whole time out there, the day after a hurricane, im not off shore expert, but even I know the day after a hurricane will mess with the temp breaks alot.

No idea on your fiancee experience on the water, but I personally would steer away from an overnighter.My wife fishes, but I know she wouldnt be able to hack a 24 hr chunk/troll trip.

What might be an option is if you can spend 2 days in the Carolinas.  From the dock to the Gulf stream is a relatively short ride.  You can do a Sat day troll, stay Sat night, Sun day troll and drive back home.

If you want to stay local, sending a PM with info.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-