Author Topic: American Flag Etiquette & Respect  (Read 11134 times)

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
American Flag Etiquette & Respect
« on: August 04, 2012, 09:40:24 PM »
 If you read this and agree give a  TT^ please
slt This is not a opinion its based on facts and in plane site. Ever wonder why our National Flag Meaning The American Flag is disrespected as it is today, Is it ignorance of the US Flag Code. or just lack of the schools today for not teaching it. In speaking about this with the local Police Chief, he   thought it was because in today's society not many citizens have any contact with services members in their Family's or close friends for that matter. Past generations had family members that served in WW 1- WW 2 Korean- Vietnam,and others there was awareness and respect during those times. Even with The so called wars being fought to day Its all Volunteers and not in the news the way the other wars were. I am very passionate on this issue.
I had 4 family member s lost to wars, 1 nephew 24 years old killed in Iraq Purple Heart, Bronze and Silver star. Graduated VMI and killed less then a year latter. Do A internet search for SGT. Ryan Doltz. his whole story is there. So that is why i am very passionate on thesis issue. I may or may not make a difference on this issue, but I will point out the disrespect That The Flag Of The United States Of America receives today. The Flag code is available on the Internet. take time to read it, and its Plane to see My Issues.
One Of the most Blatant thing was The Governor of New Jersey directing that the flag be lowered to Half staff for Whitney Huston . Fact No One can make that order But The President of the united states to lower the flag, a Governor or Mayor can for a Soldier from his or her town or state. ONLY..
The Olympics is rampant with disrespect for our flag. to Private citizens displaying the flag wrong. Sorry to Rant but it bothers me every time I see disrespect, Bill      
Post script. My 2 Grandsons 4&6 attended Private preschool and kindergarten . they taught them The Pledge and to sing God Bless America. every day. the public schools are failing in this big time.
They sing it for me and it brings tears to my eyes.   Thanks for your time and God bless. If you agree give a thumbs up.  t^
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 10:08:44 PM by overbite »

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
Re: American Flag Etiquette & Respect
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 10:07:58 PM »
 TT^
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 10:42:58 PM »
 TT^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline RON B

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 06:55:18 AM »
 TT^

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 07:44:22 AM »
 t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ t^

My father fought in nam.2 tours . 23 years of service as a 1st Sargent.He passed away in 1988 from exposure of the Chemicals of Agent Orange. It is a shame whats happening....... TT^ TT^ TT^ TT^ TT^ TT^ TT^ TT^ TT^ TT^ TT^ TT^ TT^ TT^ TT^
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 08:00:53 AM »
 TT^

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 10:49:45 AM »
I guess my point is proven somewhat  :headscra:
( 5 out of 70 = 65 that have a bit of patriotism instilled in them. But when thinking on it it was not unexpected . I hope most were lurkers.
Thanks for the    t^ t^ Bill

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, 12:08:49 PM »
I have it embedded in me...I am a Taxing American who loves the country......Loves our flag...but hates the president......If some one were to disrespect the flag in front of me, I would definitely have a issue and they would have a problem..... TT^ TT^ TT^ TT^ TT^ TT^ TT^ TT^ chrz chrz chrz
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

Offline bugmannj

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2012, 12:59:24 PM »
 TT^
Good things come to those who bait

Builds and repairs rods if needed

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2012, 03:43:07 PM »
 t^ t^ t^ t^ clp

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 10:39:19 AM »
 TT^

If you have old flags and do not know the proper way of disposing of our it, all Elks lodges have either a container out side the lodge or just give it to any member and it will be disposed of in the proper manner as each year there is a ceremony that makes sure the flag is retired with the respect it deserves.

Many other organizations do the same.  Please, respect our nations most recognized symbol and allow it to retire with dignity.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 10:46:06 AM by ped579 »
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 10:51:46 AM »
t^ I agree 10000000% I love our country and all the men and women who fight for our freedom are taken for granted, actually everything in our country is taken for granted. Its shameful, and sometimes embarrassing, but as long as those of us that are Proud to be American continue to do and say the correct things, vote because each vote does count, then that's all we can really do! And absolutely educate those that may not know. Talk to our children when they are young but old enough to understand how important things like this are, and how important they are to some more than others.  TT^ t^ TT^ t^ TT^ t^ and a million more overbite!!!! God Bless our country troops and each and everyone one of you!!!!   

Offline DJ76

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 11:38:37 AM »
TT^

If you have old flags and do not know the proper way of disposing of our it, all Elks lodges have either a container out side the lodge or just give it to any member and it will be disposed of in the proper manner as each year there is a ceremony that makes sure the flag is retired with the respect it deserves.

Many other organizations do the same.  Please, respect our nations most recognized symbol and allow it to retire with dignity.

there is an elks club in frenchtown by me and the have a flag box (looks like a postal drop box) that you place the flag in.  real easy to do.

as for the post

TT^ TT^ TT^ TT^ TT^ TT^ TT^ TT^ TT^ TT^ TT^ TT^
It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.
~Stephen B. Leacock

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 12:04:20 PM »
 TT^
God bless the USA!
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2012, 05:04:54 PM »
DJ76 Thanks for your input. The Flags are torn along the stripes and Burned. And It is not required to have it folded regulation style for storage or delivery  slt 

Offline SouthPaw

• There's more to it than catching
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 09:42:50 PM »
 TT^ TT^ TT^ TT^ slt
A good day of fishing is better than a bad day of fishing. A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. That means work sucks!

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2012, 10:06:25 PM »
Not only do I completely agree, I'll go one step further.  The complete and rampant degredation of our National Anthem disgusts me.  "Celebrities" who think the Anthem is about showcasing how they can carry out an embellish a note rather than the actual meaning of the words, to the extent they don't even bother to remember the words.  It really makes me sick.  Not to mention the people who stand around drinking, talking, not paying attention at all.  The anthem is a small moment to reflect upon and appreciate this great country we live in, and the sacrifices made for us to continue to enjoy the freedoms we have.  You stand quiet, take your damn hat off, place your hand on your heart and show some respect.  OK, end of my rant.  Here's how it should ALWAYS be done.  Always.

The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2012, 10:16:12 PM »
 cfzd Darn Andy Thanks and God Bless.
 clp Just a note that many will ignore This September 7-8-9 at Inner harbor Fort Mc Henery  is the Aniversery of the National Anthem . and the war of 1812 I plan on being there that week .
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 10:28:01 PM by overbite »

Offline FlukinCrazy

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2012, 10:22:41 AM »
t^ 110%. Although the way things are being run right now with a "celebrity" president and corrupt politicians, I will still stand up and fight for the morals this country was founded upon. Our current state of affairs is cringe-worthy but I, for one, still believe in the true American dream.

I've never served myself but my grandfather, who unfortunately died 2 months before I was born, was a proud member of the 82nd Airborne when the Korean War kicked off. Since there were no jumps to be made in Korea, he side-stepped into the Army to fight for our country. His brothers, whom I also never had the pleasure to meet, were members of the Army, Navy and Marines. I've only heard about it in stories, but wish I could have been around to witness the war declared everytime they sat down for Sunday supper.

As I said before, the current state of politics is sickening and I don't feel comfortable supporting our current leaders in the least. However, The Flag is our one last symbol of what this country stands for and what we as Americans are all about.

God Bless America.

Offline sperzonkers2

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2012, 12:04:39 PM »
 TT^ TT^
Bill

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-