Author Topic: 8-7 Late Report  (Read 1048 times)

Offline captainbailey

8-7 Late Report
« on: August 09, 2012, 11:22:07 AM »
Got around the hook around 8 and set up in 40' of water. Second line in brought up a nice 6.5lb flattie. Well what looked like a banner day turned into the slowest pick yet this year. Boated one other keeper just over the mark, added one biscuit to the box at about a 100-1 keeper ratio and a nice slab porgy. Headed in around 4.

Just as a side note, adult bunker were out front in abundance and untouched all day. Usually this time of year the cocktail blues are busting all over anything out there :headscra:
Z

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
Re: 8-7 Late Report
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 11:24:14 AM »
 t^...your slow pick will make a nice mixed bag dinner TT^.......... chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 12:02:13 PM »
the 1lbers have been in the creek chasing the peanuts for a week or so now. theres so many nuts its hard to catch the tails
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline captainbailey

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 01:02:56 PM »
AL, there's no shortage of the large snappers (1# class blues), what I was referring to is the reel screaming 3-5# blue I always seem to get drifting fluke in previous years. 
Z

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-