Author Topic: Reel McCoy II Thurs. Aug 30th report  (Read 1344 times)

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
Reel McCoy II Thurs. Aug 30th report
« on: August 30, 2012, 08:14:57 PM »
Started out today drifting Ambrose by bouy 5, landed over 20 shorts and a nice sea bass.  When the tide started to rip made a move out to a hump by the entrance to the channel. Glad I did,  5 drifts 5 keepers.  Had lunch and decided to go try for some sea bass SE of Scotland.  Put out a dead stick sea bass rig with spearing and squid and dropped my still baited bucktail rig to the bottom, two bounces and I hooked into a nice 20" fluke which I quickly released.  Put that rod away and concentrated on landing some sea bass, mostly shorts but I did manage another keeper CB and another 20" fluke that hit the bottom hook and I was able to swing him into the boat for a quick release.  Great day out there.  My two largest fish that I kept were 5.5 and 5.0 lbs, plus a 20", 19" and 18".
Back at it on Saturday.
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
Re: Reel McCoy II Thurs. Aug 30th report
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 08:20:31 PM »
 t^
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 09:32:50 AM »
 t^...Nice report.... chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline irishwak2

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 10:09:19 PM »
nice lookin fish. last time i was at that hump it did us well. theres a hump like that by Scotland that we did just as good. sorry dont have cordinance.   

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 03:10:11 PM »
Sweet day!   clp  I would have been out there myself, but my van crapped out a few miles from the house on the way down in the am..  nosmly Figured they'd be biting hhppy Nicely done capt!  chrz  chrz

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-