Author Topic: sandy hook fishing report 9/29/2012  (Read 3639 times)

Offline swfishermen

• Full Member of the Den
sandy hook fishing report 9/29/2012
« on: September 29, 2012, 07:13:26 PM »
Hey all!  slt Finally got out to day with a couple friends.. woke up around 3:30 and got to the parking lot after the fishing beach at 5ish and setup close to 8 rods at about 6:00 (25 minute walk to the closest water). waves in the morning were 4 to 5 ft. on 2 of my rods i had 3 ft of 30 pound flouro that was connected to a fish finder rig, with 3 ounce pyramid weight and 3/0 circle hook with a finger mullet hooked up through the bottom lip. The other rods were a basic three way swivel with the same stuff. My lines went off about 25 minutes in, it was a nice 5 pound blue. some people hate catching them but i love them. then 2 minutes later we were on three or four other blues. then the blues got smart and chomped of all the ends. so we were starting to switch the bait up we had two clam lines and a couple cut bunker line. the clams starte to produce so we were almost all using clams. so we kepted on catching some blues and i had a fish on and it wasnt rally fighting that hard so i keep reeling and reeling and i finally see what it is and it was a 30 inch fluke cfzd so we checked my freinds regulation and found out the season ended yesterdy rgmn rgmn rgmn. so were all useing clams and were starting to pull giant fluke after giant fluke after giant flukethen the bight kinda slowed down a bit and we switched to cut bunker and cought a giant see robin and a sting ray. then the bight started to slow down for the 4th im. so i get one of my spinning outfits and but a 4 inch crocodile spoon and hooked with a 20 pound bruiser blue with a seven foot rod!  thud i thought it was fun though... so we decided to packit up by 11 and got home by launch time t^

hope you found this interesting!

thanks, Jack

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
Re: sandy hook fishing report 9/29/2012
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 09:10:17 PM »
Good post ,thanks ,I'll be out there on Monday .

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 10:17:15 PM »
Sounds like a hell of a day of fishing  t^

Offline DJ76

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 10:29:39 PM »
 t^ t^ t^
It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.
~Stephen B. Leacock

Offline FishOn

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 01:57:10 AM »
Can't beat action like that.
Who are you to judge the life I live? I'm not perfect and I don't have to be! Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. - Bob Marley

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 12:10:24 PM »
Jack you got me going I usually fish the bay shore. this time of year. But will be At the Hook Tomorrow Morning by 7am, probably The Fishermen's beach less walking for me. Unless I see a Blitz.
High Tide 9:06 am Temp 52 up to 71 Sunny, believe a west wind. Bait Clam -Bunker. Dead stick is my style.
The more the merrier, there is plenty of room. And lousy weather for the rest of the week. Bill 

Offline Mitlorp

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 04:43:20 PM »
Just when the fluke fishing gets good the season is over. nosmly

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 05:09:02 PM »
 t^
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline swfishermen

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 03:16:18 PM »
thanks for all the responses!! overbite and salty dog i hope to read your report soon!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-