Author Topic: Hazards in disaster areas  (Read 2064 times)

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
Hazards in disaster areas
« on: November 23, 2012, 12:36:51 PM »
As i posted I took a ride from Manasquan to to South Amboy. all along the water fronts where possible. I Have a Black Metallic 2012  Equinox. Black interior. fresh from the car wash. when the trip was over and in the driveway. It was covered in dust and grime along with salt spray from a rough ocean spray. The dash was covered with with dust as at times I had the window open, I pulled the Cabin Filter it to was full and I will replace it. Not a cheap item . unless its bought on line.  No Big deal, just have the car washed again. problem over for the car not you. My point is The Dust and all Mold, mildew, demolition dust is in the air Big time. Cars and demo. equipment are stirring it up. The people in those areas That I saw do not have Masks, take precautions and limit exposure as much as possible. we need a good rain to hold down and wash some of it away,
Unfortunately it goes where the fish Live.     
Be safe protect your self and others.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Hazards in disaster areas
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 12:50:03 PM »

Offline kayak1

• only at night
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 04:42:23 PM »
Yes Rod..........Thats what my curb looks like in Lavallette......The drive through Ortley is like a war zone.
The areas I fish are the ones you said where a wast of time

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 05:36:15 PM »
Good info OB, be careful especially in older towns like mine where a lot of the homes contain some sort of asbestos. Also please be sure to where gloves I know 2 people who have gotten E coli from handling fecal ridden debris.
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 06:09:55 PM »
Yes Rod..........Thats what my curb looks like in Lavallette......The drive through Ortley is like a war zone.

Yup.. as is LBI.  Residents were told to not use bags..  just dump..

Lots of gloves. Masks and hand sanitizer t^
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 06:10:43 PM by Hotrod »

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 10:25:47 PM »
Good info OB, be careful especially in older towns like mine where a lot of the homes contain some sort of asbestos. Also please be sure to where gloves I know 2 people who have gotten E coli from handling fecal ridden debris.

Why thank you Al. You like me had many hours of safety talks at work. But to see emergency workers ignoring Basic Safety measures is plan  nts nts nts In coming years they will be looking for compensation for their health issues. Sound familiar 9/11  fcp 

Its No joke.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-