Author Topic: What did you learn and what are you going to do different?  (Read 17633 times)

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
Re: What did you learn and what are you going to do different?
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2012, 08:18:47 PM »
We have had a Pellet stove for many years.  really came in handy with no electric. if it draws more that 300 watts I'd be surprised t^

Max temp is about 180 Deg..  so it can be placed anywhere.  Cost is about $4 a bag last about a day at low temp.  more than enough to heat our den..

That's great I looked at gas firer places. and gas firer boxes. That I could install my self with local inspections. Wood is nice but dirty and a Pain but also nice. Got it on my wish list every year about this time. I saw the pellets at Lowes a few years back and then it was gone. any problem getting it ?

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2012, 09:16:29 PM »
Everyone carries the pellets now.  Home depo.. Wallmart..  I think we paid a lot for this stove many years ago..  it is all cast iron..

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2012, 10:04:00 PM »
Everyone carries the pellets now.  Home depo.. Wallmart..  I think we paid a lot for this stove many years ago..  it is all cast iron..

Can  pawle borrow that lamp for the next funk tape?
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2012, 10:19:31 PM »
 ;D

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2012, 10:28:56 PM »
No Lamp I want to know how that weather vane works in the house. :headscra:

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2012, 11:00:47 PM »
No Lamp I want to know how that weather vane works in the house. :headscra:

i guess you havent had one of Eddies samiches ;D
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2012, 11:31:42 PM »
 rofla You're too quick Al rofla rofla
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mikeyland

« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2012, 05:56:23 PM »
those of you that have electric start gen. you can buy a battery tender I have it hooked up to my motorcycle.when the gen. is running you can charge  the battery .as far as gen. don't forget about a propane gen I have one an it ran great an in my area had no problem buting it cost a little more but you can get it.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 06:05:48 PM by mikeyland »

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
What did you learn In addition to Still Running's Post
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2012, 08:47:47 AM »

I posted sometime ago about Taking Photos of the in side of your houses. in every room and Closet. Garages sheds. Add to that Boats, Cars, Planes and trains. had to put that one in fcp. Today with Digital photos a CD-DVD can be made and stored with all photos safely made.
Be it Flood, Fire, Theft. And you Have Insurance this is you proof of your possessions, Conditions and such. Scan. take photos of important receipts store on DVD - CD. and extended warranty's.
Most insurance is based on Flat rates on contents. some on individual items over a set amount.  You set the rates and conditions with Policy Riders.
Mostly any item worth over $1000.00 must be insured by its self. All this may sound like it will never happen to me, or to much trouble. But think about it why do you have smoke, fire, Carbon Dioxide detectors in your home. Or do you. its planning ahead.  
One example I had I had a 18 FT boat and trailer 85 HP- when parked at my home in came under my home owners insurance Policy. But not The motor it was insured by its self. It read only HP up to 10 HP was covered.
When was your policy limits reset to today's Values ?
For many this is to late but others plan ahead.
What other tips and suggestions do you have. for protecting and planing ahead do you have. Bill
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 03:33:20 PM by Bucktail »

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-