Author Topic: Braided Line  (Read 7098 times)

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
Braided Line
« on: December 03, 2012, 03:27:33 PM »
So my son-in-law's friend hooked me up with some great deals on tackle and a reel from one of his customers at 1/2 off retail.

Decided at that price I would give Daiwa Samurai Braid a shot and loaded up the new reel with 55lb. test.

The plus...very quiet.
It did also cast very nice as well.
That's about all I will say was great about it.

Had breaking issues with the line fishing with the boy's on Sunday.

Going back to the old reliable Power Pro for the next trip.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Re: Braided Line
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 03:59:23 PM »
Paul,  what pound test power pro do you usually use?
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 04:06:37 PM »
Usually I use 50 lb.

Could use some suggestions or comments.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 07:43:25 PM »
Paul-e, there was some sharp stuff down there yesterday, cut me clean off a few times, slicing through both 50 & 60 lb mono instantly and it got my braid once or twice as well.

I have been using Sea Hunter Dyneema, 50lb green, at half the price of Power Pro, with no issues.
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 08:52:36 PM »
I starting using power pro and have not had any issues so I have not changed it. the old don'nt fix it if its not broke thing
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 06:09:00 AM »
Who took your rod from you when you boarded the boat when your hands were full? I'm just saying some people look like they are your friend handing you bait and telling you to cut every other leg off and you will catch more fish. Maybe they were trying to have an advantage over you on the days fish count. I wouldn't mention any names, ovrbt but could there have been a little foul play with your line? Seems funny the boat is held for one guy and then he gets the best spot on the boat where the fishing is hot. I think we all were set up.  ovrbt

pcrn    rofla

Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 09:49:08 AM »
 :headscra: Is that why him and his brother were smiling so much.
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 09:51:19 AM »
:headscra: Is that why him and his brother were smiling so much.

I think so

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 11:16:24 AM »
 rofla Set up :P rofla chrz
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 11:57:55 AM »
the past couple years, I've had breaking problems with PP 50lb.  earlier this year I tied it to the scale and saw it breaking around 30lb.  Pushed it up to 65lb this season and haven't had any problems since

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 05:49:02 PM »
Who took your rod from you when you boarded the boat when your hands were full? I'm just saying some people look like they are your friend handing you bait and telling you to cut every other leg off and you will catch more fish. Maybe they were trying to have an advantage over you on the days fish count. I wouldn't mention any names, ovrbt but could there have been a little foul play with your line? Seems funny the boat is held for one guy and then he gets the best spot on the boat where the fishing is hot. I think we all were set up.  ovrbt

pcrn    rofla

nosmly Hey jack if you remember you started catching fish after I gave you the secret bait :P Paulie caught a few on the secret bait also. I will admit the first drop I was right on the hole then he moved and it became rather scratchy.

You'll see Sunday, Im going to have to bait my hooks in a box so no one can see the "trick"
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 06:34:26 PM »
You'll see Sunday, Im going to have to bait my hooks in a box so no one can see the "trick"

fngr

I'll be watching you like a hawk  rofla

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 06:39:57 PM »
 fngr

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 06:41:12 PM »
 rofla rofla

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2012, 06:54:37 PM »

pcrn    rofla

nosmly Hey jack if you remember you started catching fish after I gave you the secret bait :P Paulie caught a few on the secret bait also. I will admit the first drop I was right on the hole then he moved and it became rather scratchy.

Now you did it. Know one knew who I was talking about. Now everyone will want some of the squid that you use. Might want to bring extra.

Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2012, 07:16:19 PM »
Who took your rod from you when you boarded the boat when your hands were full? I'm just saying some people look like they are your friend handing you bait and telling you to cut every other leg off and you will catch more fish. Maybe they were trying to have an advantage over you on the days fish count. I wouldn't mention any names, ovrbt but could there have been a little foul play with your line? Seems funny the boat is held for one guy and then he gets the best spot on the boat where the fishing is hot. I think we all were set up.  ovrbt

pcrn    rofla

Now you did it. Know one knew who I was talking about. Now everyone will want some of the squid that you use. Might want to bring extra.

rofla

« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 07:28:45 PM by Kenny »
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2012, 07:37:23 PM »
 rofla

Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2012, 08:17:33 PM »
 rofla

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2012, 09:04:05 PM »
That is one of the funniest things ever to be put on TV IMO   rofla rofla rofla

Just classic......

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2012, 11:17:27 PM »
 whs ;D

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-