Author Topic: Saddle Tanks  (Read 1782 times)

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
Saddle Tanks
« on: March 04, 2013, 04:48:32 PM »
I am thinking of adding two, 18 gallon saddle tanks to my boat this year for some extra range. I have found some online but, wanted to see if anyone here has seen any used ones around?

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
Re: Saddle Tanks
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 07:45:21 PM »
No but I have heard of people strapping 50 gal drums to the transome. Fred I would be careful with them any sharp objects would be disasterous
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 07:49:08 PM »
No but I have heard of people strapping 50 gal drums to the transome. Fred I would be careful with them any sharp objects would be disasterous

They're pretty thick but I would take precautions to avoid a puncture. The other option is a cube on top of the motor box.

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 08:06:31 PM »
Fred I had saddle tanks in a previous boat I owned back in the 80s. I noticed a pin head leak and smelled fuel so I shut everything down,empited the fuel,cut out both 25 gal  tanks, had new ones manufactured to specs.and then glassed them into the gunnels myself. I passed all inspections but I would not want to do the job again however.
Today you should concider bladder tanks.Plenty of web sites with that info. Good Luck

Offline Footballtuna

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 05:18:05 PM »
I have two Tempo 28 gallon plastic portable tanks that I used on my 23 ft when I ran off shore. $100.00 each

brypol@verizon.net
Middlesex

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-