Author Topic: 4/6 Raritan Bay Striper Trip....awesome day fishing!  (Read 2930 times)

Offline Capt. Carl

• New Jersey Fishing Guru
  • Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
  • Hired Gun
4/6 Raritan Bay Striper Trip....awesome day fishing!
« on: April 06, 2013, 08:37:00 PM »
Unfortunately the catching part was not good!
Had an allstar NJSWF crew of Dennis,Dj76,Mbailey,Chasin Tail & Treebeard onboard for the first trip of the season. Left dock in a 20kt wind vs tide situation for a bouncy 15 mile run to the back bay looking for warmer water temps. Started out in 7 ft of water on a couple of marks and 43.5 degree water. Hung there for a bit until the tide started dropping....no hits. Decided to try another spot about 5 miles away and we searched along the way for some life but found little to interest me . Got to the destination and had a couple of small readings so we set the hook amd waited forever for the tide to swing.....nada going on.
So about a mile east i was watching a congregation of birds...some diving and some sitting there but is sparked my interest so we pulled the hook and ran over slowly....pulled up tide of them and we broke out the entire arsenal of clams,worms,jigs and shads ....drifted over the best marks we had all day and once again, nada. Dropped the hook on  top of them and got to cracking heavily....this is when we had our first hit as DJ was reeling in his bait....gets whacked and the hook pulls shortly after.
Gave it hell till 3 bells and packed it in.....disappointing to say the least today.
On a better note...it was great to see some of our friends after a long winter layoff.....and....we got the custom sticks that Mark built for us and all i can say is AWESOME!.....some beautiful work there indeed buddy!
Thanks again guys!....sorry it sucked so bad.
Capt. Carl DiMenna
100 Ton U.S.C.G Master

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
Re: 4/6 Raritan Bay Striper Trip....awesome day fishing!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 09:01:10 PM »
 t^....Hell of a day to be out...too bad on the catching...get e'm next time.... chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 09:02:11 PM »
I feel your pain .When it warms up ,it's going to be an all out field day .

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 11:56:41 PM »
No doubt you gave it everything you had Captain.  Get 'em next time. t^

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 09:19:44 AM »
Thanks again for a sweet day on the water Capt!  slt  No one could have worked harder to get us on fish.. which you certainly did.. they just would'nt eat..But it sure felt great being out there again.. Glad you like the rods.. I know they will get put to fine use  TT^  chrz  chrz

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 09:49:14 AM »
Nice day out guys. You did all you could, Thanks for the report Capt.Carl t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Mbailey33

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 12:30:49 PM »
Was an excellent day on the water!! Melted away the winter blahs and got me geared up for another year  t^ Had an great time!!! Didnt have a paintbrush in my hand, and not one thing on the "honeydew" list got done...all in all a sucessful day. Thanks Carl for a great time  t^

And I learned a few things about sailboaters to boot
 TT^
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 12:31:27 PM by Mbailey33 »
Never put off until tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow

Offline DJ76

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 12:20:44 PM »
Was an excellent day on the water!! Melted away the winter blahs and got me geared up for another year  t^ Had an great time!!! Didnt have a paintbrush in my hand, and not one thing on the "honeydew" list got done...all in all a sucessful day. Thanks Carl for a great time  t^

And I learned a few things about sailboaters to boot
 TT^

sailboater conversation      pcrn pcrn pcrn

was passionate to say the least :P
It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.
~Stephen B. Leacock

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-