Author Topic: manasquan inlet  (Read 2191 times)

Offline Scott Bailey

• seabass sharks cod ling stripers i love fishing
manasquan inlet
« on: August 21, 2013, 10:42:56 AM »
any tips on fishing the manasquan inlet from the sea wall ? i know theres blues there but i cant catch them any tips ?

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
Re: manasquan inlet
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 11:08:48 AM »
The blues in the inlets tend to bite in bursts.  They move through and everyone catches for 1/2hr or an hour then nothing. 
You have to keep at and be patient. 
Fish a variety of AVA sizes an colors.  Also try bucktails with a Gulp teaser.  Vary your retrieve speed and pattern.   

Offline Scott Bailey

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 12:50:29 PM »
The blues in the inlets tend to bite in bursts.  They move through and everyone catches for 1/2hr or an hour then nothing. 
You have to keep at and be patient. 
Fish a variety of AVA sizes an colors.  Also try bucktails with a Gulp teaser.  Vary your retrieve speed and pattern.   

ohh okay thanks chrisl also  are there any stripers in the inlet and i would like to know how to get to the concret railing side im tired of digging sand out of my reels or if you do fish the sand side how do u get on the jetty

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 12:53:38 PM »
whs

You can also use a hi-lo rig with squid or clam and drop down to the bottom for some sea bass or tog.  Likely not keeper size, but still something to catch.  All along the wall will produce, but the spot right where the wall ends and turns into "rocks" gives the fish a lot of structure below.  You can also bucktail or drag bait along the bottom for fluke, it just gets crazy when the wall is busy because you will get tangled.

I would stay on the Pt Pleasant side...the Manasquan side is a bit harder to fish and land, especially on a lower tide.  If you want to get to Manasquan here are driving directions!  To fish either jetty, you just have to go rock climbing/hopping.  Be careful, the rocks sometimes shift and are unstable and are usually covered in algae or some type of sea weeds and are slippery.  There are stripers in there, but not resident bass, just bass passing through.  You can always try for them now, but overall my guess would be they are not in yet in any large numbers.  The best place to get stripers at the inlet is in the pockets on either side of the jetties in the surf.  The Manasquan side produces a little more, but plenty of fish have been taken on the Point side.  I see a lot of people trying to fish the pockets from the jetty, but I think simply surf fishing from the beach is much easier.  It's all preference.  The pockets are always rough and turbulent, even on a calm day, so be alert to that.

Mansquan Inlet Directions Pt to Manasquan

Good luck TT^!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 12:59:46 PM by Pfishingruven »

Offline Scott Bailey

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 01:17:11 PM »
whs

You can also use a hi-lo rig with squid or clam and drop down to the bottom for some sea bass or tog.  Likely not keeper size, but still something to catch.  All along the wall will produce, but the spot right where the wall ends and turns into "rocks" gives the fish a lot of structure below.  You can also bucktail or drag bait along the bottom for fluke, it just gets crazy when the wall is busy because you will get tangled.

I would stay on the Pt Pleasant side...the Manasquan side is a bit harder to fish and land, especially on a lower tide.  If you want to get to Manasquan here are driving directions!  To fish either jetty, you just have to go rock climbing/hopping.  Be careful, the rocks sometimes shift and are unstable and are usually covered in algae or some type of sea weeds and are slippery.  There are stripers in there, but not resident bass, just bass passing through.  You can always try for them now, but overall my guess would be they are not in yet in any large numbers.  The best place to get stripers at the inlet is in the pockets on either side of the jetties in the surf.  The Manasquan side produces a little more, but plenty of fish have been taken on the Point side.  I see a lot of people trying to fish the pockets from the jetty, but I think simply surf fishing from the beach is much easier.  It's all preference.  The pockets are always rough and turbulent, even on a calm day, so be alert to that.

Mansquan Inlet Directions Pt to Manasquan

Good luck TT^!

point pleasant is the side with the railings right ?  and il probably stay off the rocks il be using a 12 foot surf rod lol

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 01:35:28 PM »
point pleasant is the side with the railings right ?  and il probably stay off the rocks il be using a 12 foot surf rod lol

Point Pleasant is the wall side, Manasquan in the railings side.

You can fish almost freshwater outfits in the inlet if you have any.  I use a 7 foot MH with an old Penn 710Z with braid.

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 03:01:08 PM »
work an ava jig with whatever color I'm not using. lol.  Just FYI also, parking on the point side is $3 an hour.  Sometimes, they don't care and other times they're real Nazis about it.  The guys in the tackle shop can give you some tips also

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-