Author Topic: 11/16 No Striper Love  (Read 1792 times)

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
11/16 No Striper Love
« on: November 16, 2013, 07:04:03 PM »
I got word last night that I got cancelled for the front 12 hours of a 24 hour shift and put a crew together quickly. Got a later start today than expected with friend Matt and his buddy Kevin (they couldn't find the marina).... We broke the inlet to nice sea conditions and headed towards where I had them yesterday. We got to the area and there wasn't quite as much life as there was yesterday. We did manage to jig up one bluefish, a winter flounder, and a fluke. We pushed further south, stopping and trying marks without any takers. I got a message to keep heading south, so we did. Made it down to find a couple of different fleets. We spent the rest of our time jigging and trolling without a hit. There were certainly people catching but, not us. Again, like yesterday the bite seemed to come on as the day got later. I am sure the 100+ boats had something to do with the sketchy bite.

We had to punch out so I could make it to work down by Sea Isle. Still an ok day though.

For the guy off of IBSP in the Grady that I had words with.... IF you didn't know the line of the trolling rig that I was reeling up had snapped when you jigged it up and then threw in the water, I apologize and owe you a beer. IF you did know the line snapped and you threw it in the water, no apology for you.

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
Re: 11/16 No Striper Love
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 01:21:05 PM »
Stay on the hunt Fred. t^
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 01:38:04 PM »
For the guy off of IBSP in the Grady that I had words with.... IF you didn't know the line of the trolling rig that I was reeling up had snapped when you jigged it up and then threw in the water, I apologize and owe you a beer. IF you did know the line snapped and you threw it in the water, no apology for you.

I hope he reads this. pcrn

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 05:42:33 AM »
 t^  , next time Fred.
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 12:20:10 PM »
 t^
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 08:25:51 AM »
you were out at least Fred

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-