Author Topic: Pilot - Weekend Bass and surprise appearance 4/26/27  (Read 2658 times)

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
Pilot - Weekend Bass and surprise appearance 4/26/27
« on: April 27, 2014, 09:44:03 PM »
4/26...  Wow.... if this first pic (courtesy of Nick) doesn't say it all I don't know what does.  The good mojo gods were working for us today.  Catching was a bonus!  The Friday late night wind forecast looked like a blowout but an early morning audible got T-Bone and his son Nick down to the marina after they scrounged up the hard shells.   We slugged it through SHB to make it to our target zone and started batting clams around just in time to take advantage of the outgoing.   We found plenty of shorts landing 25 bass but managed to keep 5.   Nick had a heartbreaker early on to the boat only to give him the single digit salute and head back home!  Tough one there.  I broke out the GLoomis decidedly bought for tog and figured I'd give it a good workout with the stripes.   The new stick is like a bird dog on point.  Not only does it work the stripes real nice, I was pleasantly surprised by my first raritan bay tog that went 6#... I danced around like a comanche warrior getting ready head into battle. A good omen on things to come!  After the change T-bone and I went toe to toe, getting doubles or back to backs on the bass.  What a great day. Nick had his share of fish too!  The bigger fish came on the change and slammed the bait unlike the shorts that picked away.

4/27... Don made his season debut looking to blow winter stink off.  We roughed it through SHB with a constant rythmatic plow.  Once you make past Earl there was some relief.  We had the hook out quick and started smashing clam.  Don gets his first poke of the year but can't get tight on it.  The fish were real picky today with fewer bites for us.  Don knocks the dust off and drops one in the bucket.  We put two in the box with a half dozen shorts and several short bites that didn't materialize.   Overall not bad for a short run.

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
Re: Pilot - Weekend Bass and surprise appearance 4/26/27
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 11:19:36 PM »
 clp
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 05:46:38 AM »
Nice Tog bonus Jeff.  Saturday was the better day.  Although Friday was apparently crazy fishing.  Nice report and happy catching with the new Loomis. t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 06:54:38 AM »
 t^.. Nice report... chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline Tbone

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 08:33:50 AM »
Hey Pilot, GO BIG BLUE!!  Thanks for the great trip t^.  We hung in there a put a real nice catch together.  Nice how thing just worked out.  slt  TBone 

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 10:57:09 AM »
nice days, thx for the reports

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-