Author Topic: FISH STIX - Sat6/14 - Tues6/17 Bass  (Read 1348 times)

Offline Capt. Kris

• Fish Stix Charter Fishing
  • Sponsor
    • Fish Stix Charter Fishing
FISH STIX - Sat6/14 - Tues6/17 Bass
« on: June 18, 2014, 01:52:12 PM »
Saturday 6/14 AM had Zack Bates charter for bass only catching a few fish for the day.

Saturday 6/14 PM ran open crew of 6 for bass. Wind came up very strong and was quite crappy out. Only managed 1 bite and we got him. That is all.

Sunday 6/15 AM ran open crew of 6 for Father's Day. Fishing sucked once again. Had one monster on nearly spooled and started gaining but but it broke Mike backing. 1 or 2 other blow ups that's it. Called in a day at 11:30am, with a dead sea.

Monday 6/16 AM ran open crew of 6 for bass. Had thresher bite at boat when we stopped. Missed him and he never came back. Another 2 blow ups but didn't connect. Went into the bait inshore and the fish were there but only managed a couple bites and Eric's one fish. Looked everywhere and nothing.

Monday 6/16 PM had Dons charter of 6, who have never seen a bass ever. They brought over a half dozen bananas and ate them like it was nothing. BUT, I didn't throw them in the water for once and surprisingly the fish ate! They managed 9 fish to low 30lb range. Lost just as many and just as many blow ups.

Tuesday 6/17 AM had Nj Dave's charter of 6 for bass. Stopped on spraying bait in tight and grabbed a fish quick. Stuck with it for a bit and no other bites. Ran north and fished bait nothing. Ran south again and they were there boxing 3 more and lost a couple and missed a few. Went deep and hot one and lost one. Never had a bite again. When the guys were trying to catch a seagull I pulled the plug. 5 fish for the day.

Tuesday 6/17 PM ran open. It sucked. Not even a bite. Released a beach ball unharmed. That is all.

Took off Wednesday for Maintenence.

Some real hit or miss fishing.... There's definitely fish around, so we'll see how it goes. Bass trips are still available. We'll be starting fluke next week.

I'm ready for fluke. Are you?

Capt Kris

OPEN BOAT FRIDAY AM & NEXT WEEK.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Re: FISH STIX - Sat6/14 - Tues6/17 Bass
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 06:01:29 AM »
Thanks for the honest reports Captain Kris.  Good call pulling the plug on the Seagull trip. I bet the guys were hydrated.
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
Re: FISH STIX - Sat6/14 - Tues6/17 Bass
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 08:50:06 AM »
 t^...Thanks for the report, Fluke season is upon us.... chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-