Author Topic: New fishing show "Fish Mavericks" premieres tonight on NBC sports  (Read 2224 times)

Offline njbob49

• Cod caught on the "Stick"
Here is the NBC Sports press release for the show.  It looks very interesting.  Two members of the fishing crew are brothers from NJ so that is a good enough reason to watch.  TT^ pcrn

http://www.fishcircus.tv/

FISH MAVERICKS PREMIERES WED., AUG. 6 AT 10 P.M. ET ON NBCSN

STAMFORD, Conn. – August 5, 2014 – NBCSN presents Fish Mavericks, a new one-hour outdoor fishing show from the producer of breakout hit Duck Dynasty. The show centers on captain Dave Schunke and his crew aboard Fish Circus as they travel to compete in fishing tournaments. Each week, the team of comedic characters, including two sets of brothers, will take on the competition and the fish to catch a winning shark. The six-part series premieres tomorrow, Wednesday, August 6, at 10 p.m. ET on NBCSN. Episodes 2 through 4 will air on consecutive Wednesday nights at 10 p.m. ET through August 27, with Episodes 5 and 6 airing back-to-back on September 3 at 10 p.m. ET and 11 p.m. ET, respectively.

“We’re excited to bring Fish Mavericks to our growing portfolio of original programming,” said Ron Wechsler, Vice President, Original Programming and Entertainment, NBC Sports Group. “The unique personalities of the Fish Circus crew are sure to entertain our NBCSN audience.”

“Fish Mavericks shows it like it really is, the work, the tears, the laughs, the struggles, the bad weather, the monster fish and the small,” said Scott Gurney, co-founder of Gurney Productions. “This group of friends is like family – traveling the country trying to win big bucks in some of America’s biggest tournaments.”

The documentary-reality series follows the five members of the Fish Circus team:
•Dave Schunke - As the captain of Fish Circus, Shunke fishes over 15 major tournaments from Florida to Massachusetts. Schunke, who has been fishing his entire life, has taken his craft to freshwater, salt water and his true love, offshore canyon fishing.
•Jerry and Jon Harris - Brothers Jerry and John Harris, both United States Navy veterans, have been fishing together for almost 50 years. The opinionated pair hails from Virginia.
•Robb and Chris Pami - New Jersey natives and brothers Robb and Chris Pami taught themselves how to fish fresh water fish growing up, lending their skills to salt water aboard Fish Circus. The brothers, known for their pranks, are owners of a family construction business.

Fish Mavericks on NBCSN Schedule (all times ET):

Wed., Aug. 6 Fish Mavericks, Ep. 1 10 p.m.
Wed., Aug. 13 Fish Mavericks, Ep. 2 10 p.m.
Wed., Aug. 20 Fish Mavericks, Ep. 3 10 p.m.
Wed., Aug. 27 Fish Mavericks, Ep. 4 10 p.m.
Wed., Sept. 3 Fish Mavericks, Ep. 5 10 p.m.
Wed., Sept. 3 Fish Mavericks, Ep. 6 11 p.m.

Tight Lines,
Bob G  chrz  slt

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
Re: New fishing show "Fish Mavericks" premieres tonight on NBC sports
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 03:18:12 PM »
  t^
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline njbob49

• Cod caught on the "Stick"
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 08:02:49 AM »
Well, that was a waste of my time.  nosmly 15 minutes of fishing with 45 minutes of BS trying to be funny or crazy with childish humor.  nts I don't watch Duck Dynasty so I don't know if this is the same format they use on that show.  The guy with the gray beard and ONE tooth really impressed me.  cfzd  hhppy

At least the show prior "Shark Hunters", was pretty good with new episodes. I wonder how the crew on the "Fish On" feels about the captain and owner having his very young son running the boat when they catch a shark and are trying to win some money in the tournament?  rgmn

Tight Lines,
Bob G  chrz  slt

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 11:00:36 AM »
Well, that was a waste of my time.  nosmly

yup. Da Jankees were better. Even a rerun of F&L I already saw was better.

Another black eye for Joysey. Maybe get The Situation out there with them next?

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 11:41:25 AM »
That was like Jersey Shore met Party Down South at a bassmasters tournament. Hope that doesn't hurt Dave's charter biz

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-